“Best B&B We have ever stayed in” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Middletown, NJ
“Best B&B We have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

After a long ride from NJ, we were greeted by one of the Inn keeper's parents. We were welcomed so warmly, we felt as if we were visiting relatives. My husband and I stayed 2 nights in the Sara Good suite. To say this B&B was clean is an understatement; it is immaculate. I am never comfortable anywhere we go because I am a 'germaphobe'. I usually never take my shoes off and avoid sitting on furniture. Well, this suite was SO clean, I felt like I was home! The wood floors were squeaky clean.

The bedroom is a nice size with an armoire for hanging your clothes (also with extra pillows and another comforter). There is a comfy chair in the bedroom as well. There is a thermostat to control your own heat. Bob's dad told us their mattresses were custom made and, truly, those were the best nights' sleep I had in a long time (I have fibromyalgia and many mattresses make the pain worse - theirs did not!)

Normally, I try to touch as little in a bathroom as possible; this bathroom was spotless. I hate icky bars of soap and they have an on-wall soap dispenser. The shower stall also contained dispensers for soap and shampoo. Yes, I inspected the shower and it was glistening. I normally shower standing on a towel or wearing flip-flops but didn't need to here. Every detail was thought of by the inn keepers from air freshener spray to dark face cloths for those of us who wear make-up. There is a nice sky-light in the bathroom as well.

Continuing through the bathroom you enter a nice-sized sitting room with a couch, two chairs, 2 ottomans, television, small refrigerator stocked with water and coffee station (the k-cup kind). I did not hesitate at all to settle in and crochet in the evenings and that says A LOT. The suite is on the 3rd floor of the inn and is very private with its own entrance from the lot, up the stairs, onto your private patio. The patio has a water view and is very large. I would like to visit again when it is warmer so we can sit out there in the evening.

Breakfast was delicious! We had yogurt with yummy homemade granola, fruit salad, cereal, their famous cheese bread (toast it with butter!), coffee (they have decaf), and Bob's mom made some delicious bundt cakes. What sweet, kind people Bob's parents are, by the way.

I accidentally left my favorite pair of dress pants in the armoire and Bob graciously mailed them back to me. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Morning Glory. I highly recommend this B&B and we will be visiting them again this spring. Thank you for making our long weekend a comfortable and pleasurable one!!

((I was very candid in my review because I know there are many germaphobes out there who, like me, want the REAL low-down on cleanliness - I wish all B&Bs were like Morning Glory))

1 Thank Lisa B
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Wow!! Lisa, we thank you so very much for your incredible post! That was so very flattering and we truly appreciate your very detailed review of our bed & breakfast during your recent stay. Although we weren't able to personally meet you, as we were away for a few days, it sounds as if you both were pampered like a queen and a king by my parents!! They certainly do a fantastic job 'holding up the fort' when we have to get away! We are so very happy to hear that the cleanliness of our B&B met your high standards and that the bedding enabled you to have the best sleep ever! Cleanliness and comfort go hand in hand at Morning Glory to ensure the best possible stay. Again, we thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit your glowing review and we do hope that you and your husband can return to Morning Glory so that we can personally thank you! Until then, we send you our very best!

Bob & Marcel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Scituate, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

My 16 year old daughter and I recently stayed here on a weekend getaway and wished we could have stayed longer. The Morning Glory is pristinely clean and charmingly decorated, the Bridget Bishop room was lovely and bed very comfy with a welcoming sitting room with coffees, teas and unobtrusive fridge just outside the door. The breakfast was delicious and the coffee plentiful. We peeked in on the 3rd floor room - a beautiful suite with its own sitting room and rooftop deck. But most importantly the hosts are wonderful, friendly, and most enjoyable to converse with. We'll be planning more trips to the North Shore knowing we have a great place to stay. Thank you, Bob and Marcel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KimAlice
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Hi Kim and thank you for submitting your wonderful review of Morning Glory! We greatly appreciate all of your kind words regarding your stay with us! We very much enjoyed having conversation with you and your daughter at the breakfast table! Your compliments with respect to cleanliness, comfort and decor mean so much to us and we do hope that you and your daughter can come back to Salem and visit with us again; maybe this time you can stay in the 3rd floor Sarah Good Suite! Until then, we send you both our very best!

New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

I can see why this is the #1 B&B in Salem. We stayed for 2 nights, and everything was perfect. A beautiful room, comfy bed, wonderful hosts, delicious food, and everything within walking distance. How could one ask for anything more?

We stayed in the Rebecca Nurse room with the fireplace, and after walking back from dinner on a chilly night, it was aboslute heaven!

Thanks Bob and Marcel!

Room Tip: Rebecca Nurse room has a fireplace and 4 poster bed
1 Thank Kcz
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you guys for taking time to submit such a terrific review! Hearing everything about your stay was "perfect" and that the cozy firepalce was "absolute heaven" puts a smile on our faces! :) We do work hard to ensure that each and every guest has a very satisfying and pleasant experience and walks away with a smile. We hope that you get the chance to come and visit with us in warmer weather!! We send you both our very best!

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I visit family in Salem a few times a year. Their house is a little crowded so we usually stay in a hotel. On this trip, we decided to try something different and stay in a bed and breakfast. We really enjoyed it. It felt more like home. The room was very nice. We really enjoyed the fireplace one chilly night and having real wine glasses in the room made it even better. These guys know how to be great hosts. The location is also great. We could walk to almost everything and the view was beautiful. We look forward to a visit in the summer.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SuzanneH0609
Hello Suzanne and we thank you very much for your lovely review regarding your stay with us over the Thanksgiving holiday. We certainly can get some chilly nights here in late November so we are happy to hear that the fireplace in the Rebecca Nurse room provided you both with warmth and relaxation while enjoying a glass of wine at the end of your day! We are always delighted to learn that staying at Morning Glory for our guests is just like staying at their own home. This is probably one of the best compliments and we thank you for that! We do look forward to your return visit this summer and until then, we send you our very best!

Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

My husband and I visited Morning Glory for the first time and we were not disappointed. It was wonderful. The house is beautiful, the decor is great, it was so clean and breakfast was great every morning. Bob and Marcel were so welcoming that you felt like you knew them for years. We are going to stay there again this summer.

1 Thank Lorraine M
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Hi Lorraine and thank you for posting such a wonderful review! We enjoyed having you and your husband John stay with us for a couple of nights! We are happy you found Morning Glory to be very welcoming and knowing you will be returning over the summer is great news! This way, you will be able to take advantage of the roof deck and garden patio; a bit too cold to enjoy in January! We send you both our very best!

Bob & Marcel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
0.5 km away
Winthrop Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Winthrop
6.0 km away
Boston Marriott Peabody

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK