Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

A beautiful day!

Reviewed 10 July 2015
Cindy B
Newton, Massachusetts

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Planning an upcoming trip to Mount Ascutney Resort, I researched North Star Canoe & Kayak Rentals. Sadly, their phone number is disconnected and it seems they are out of business at this location.

2  Thank Cheryl C
Reviewed 29 August 2016

It's not a wild ride but a relaxing paddle down the Connecticut River. North Star did a good job shuttling us up river and setting us up for a good paddle downstream. Scenery is gorgeous. If the river is flowing fast, the '2-hour' trip is really about an hour on the water.

1  Thank Tammy H
Reviewed 10 July 2015

We love North Star and have been coming here for years! It's one of the best kept secrets in the area! North Star takes all the work out of a canoe trip and let's us enjoy the river.
The river is beautiful and the kids love visiting the farm, my youngest loves all the horses.

5  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Our family went with friends and had a wonderful day. As my daughter said, "A fun time was had by all!". Highly recommend, they have really figured out how to do this right.

4  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My daughter and I who live in Cancun, Mexico, recently took one of North Star's river trips in kayaks. It was so much fun! We took our time going under the covered bridge, to the rope swing, onto the islands. There were eagles nesting, turtles. Drifting down between Vermont and New Hampshire with extraordinary views of Mt. Ascutney. What a perfect, relaxing trip. Service was great, staff friendly and knowledgeable. We are already looking forward to this trip next summer.

6  Thank Maria R
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Scenic, easy going trip with our two dogs canoeing. Staff was very helpful and great with the dogs. River is clear, and saw horses running along the river. Great time!

4  Thank Pccailym
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had a wonderful day out with our 2 younger children today (7 and 9). We rented one canoe and opted for the 1/2 day trip which took two hours. Great views along the CT river! There is even a place to pull up and hook your boat while your kids go NUTS on the rope swing. All of us thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will be back again for the full day trip. Don't forget to say hi to the beautiful horses while you're there too ;-)

4  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed 31 July 2014

What was advertised was a half day trip which should last 1 1/2 to 2 hours OR a full day trip which lasts 3 1/2 to 4 hours and is 12 miles long with views of Mt Ascutney and Sumner Falls Rapids. We paid $100 (2 of us) for a full day trip. We didn't get the route described on the brochure and it took less than 2 hours for us to get from the launch site to the pick up site. I didn't feel that we got what we paid for- definately not $100 worth. When I asked Linda, the woman who took our payment before the trip, she told me that they do not charge by the time it takes to get from point A to point B, but where they pick you up. We noticed that the people that took the half day trip and left at the same time we did got back at the same time. We asked for the difference explaining that we did not feel we got what we paid for. She told me that they could not guarantee how long a trip will take. The manager, Jay, was not in, so I called and spoke to him. He gave me the same song and dance, then became irate and verbally abusive. Through his screaming, he told me that we are not invited back. No problem. I will never be back and you are never invited to Florida, Jay and Linda!

7  Thank Marie P
Reviewed 13 July 2014

and one not quite there yet! The river current was just enough to keep us moving calmly so we could enjoy the scenery & silence. We stopped for lunch at a small island and had no trouble re-launching our canoe by ourselves. The staff were very helpful and encouraging, the equipment clean and functioning well. We recommend this trip to anyone who wants to experience nature up close and personal.

4  Thank Joann W
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Beautiful location on the Ct. River. The company makes the process very easy with drop offs to the launch area, navigation tips and info about wildlife you might see. Eqpt was great and we felt the experience was fun and affordable.

2  Thank deniseo39