“Once renovated it will be nice.”

Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport
Ranked #22 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 10 September 2017

This hotel is under renovation right now (Sept. 2017) Once they are complete it will be nice. The lobby is all tore up. I had a king room on the first floor. The room was good size. The carpet needed to be cleaned really bad. The bathroom had a nice size shower. It was very quiet and comfortable bed, nice linen's. The Pool was really unique it had a "lazy river", restrooms and plenty of deck space. The price per night should have been a bit lower for the inconvenience of the breakfast free. If you are planning on staying here you may want to call and see if the renovations are complete.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure renovations are complete.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Robb B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are currently refreshing our lobby and rooms. We are trying to do the least amount of disturbance to our guests as possible. We are doing all of our heavy work during business hours when the majority of our guests are out of the hotel. We are on schedule to complete both the rooms and lobby refresh at the end of September. It is going to be an amazing transformation. I hope that you are able to return and really enjoy all of the hard work that our team has put into our new hotel.
Thank you again for your review. It is greatly appreciated.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Always a good stay here. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms Clean and everyone accommodating. Travel here monthly for business. Easy access to most things. Airport is close by but you do not hear plane noise.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Robb B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport for your overnight needs. We know you have many hotel options and we are delighted to know we are your first choice. We hope you are enjoying our new rooms and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I made our reservations the night before our stay. I chose the hotel for location and the pool has a lazy river. I noticed that the website said there was some construction but it was still a little confusing to find the front desk. No biggie.

I called the reservations number on my confirmation email once I realized we would be arriving early to see with early check-in options existed. The person on the phone said that we would have to check with the property to see if a room could be ready early, but we would be allowed to leave our bags at the front desk and use the amenities of the hotel. I thanked the woman and hung up.

We arrived at the hotel around 1245 or so and Blanca was at the front desk. I told her I had a reservation and that I was hoping for early check-in. She looked up the reservation and said there was not a room ready so I said that's fine, but could my boyfriend, son and I use the pool. She promptly shook her head telling me we couldn't since we were not registered guests yet. I explained that I called earlier to ensure we could and was told all was well. She said that I couldn't have called since she was the only one there and had been all day. I must have called the wrong number. I said the phone number was on the reservation so I assumed it went to a call center and I wild be fine to cal the number again to confirm.

She shook her head and sighed. Telling me that she would have to call to see if a room was ready. She made a call, presumably to housekeeping and hung up and asked us to hold a moment. The phone rang, an exchange in Spanish and there was a room with 2 beds open.

I was grateful when she asked me for my credit card and id to check us in.

We went to the pool and there were 2 large parties of people at the pool. We found a good spot and enjoyed the afternoon. Later on, when the groups were leaving, we noticed they didn't go to the hotel, they left out of the side gate, got in cars and left. I suppose someone in the party could have had a room but it didn't appear so.

We waited a long time to get a spot in the hot tub and once the people there left, (again out of the side gates and to their cars) , they left a lot of trash, mainly beer cans around. We cleaned it up since it was the obvious thing to do and had a nice time with some people we met at the pool earlier. They had noticed that it seems we were the only ones actually staying at the hotel. Fine. Whatever. It's south Tucson and the price was relatively cheap, so what heck.

After the fun was done, we went back to our room and a very large roach was in the toilet which was easily flushed but scared the crap out of me.

Overall, for the price and the experience, I don't think I would stay at this hotel again. I have low expectations so when I'm disappointed, I know it must be bad.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Robb B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you so much for you review of our hotel and our staff. I apologize for the interaction with our front desk associate. Our team is and should always be focused on our guests. Please accept our apologies as this is not a typical for our team. We will use your review with our staff to ensure that this does not happen again. Our pool is for guest use only. It is normally not an issue. I will work with our team to ensure that we do a better job of patrolling our pool area so that we can maintain our guest only policy.
Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Thanks for a delightful time. I'd recommend that Honor Flight folks from Southern Arizona give then Hilton Garden Inn serious consideration when travelling the next morning. The shuttle was available early and so was the coffee. Great welcoming staff and even though it was very early when we left, they were smiling and wishing us well. Many thanks!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Robb B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear maureeng384,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to know we were able to start your amazing weekend with Honor Flight on a high note. We cannot wait to welcome you, again to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This was an ideal place to stay for many WWII and Korean era veterans and their families before we left on an Honor Flight. Great shuttle staff getting all to the airport. Dinning area had nice menu selections for all.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Maureeng384,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are happy you were able to use our 24/7 Complementary Airport Shuttle Service, and we're delighted to know we were able to send you off with a great start to your weekend. We hope you visit again if your travel plans call for you to be in the area.