“Kababeque”

Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: West University
Neighbourhood: West University
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Good food, casual dining (everything comes in to-go containers)and fast! I get the Ordered Paneer Tikka Masala and naan and have been very happy. Staff are very friendly and helpful if you have questions when ordering.

Date of visit: June 2013
1  Thank trvlgirlie66
Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Ran in for a quick bite to eat with a friend. Ordered Paneer Tikka Masala and naan. I ordered it with medium heat. I loved the paneer tikka masala and the regular naan. It was great; a little warm for me, but I am a wimp when it comes to hot foods. I really liked the flavors. I also ordered the cheese naan and I didn't really like it. It had onions and maybe garlic in it in addition to cheese (I was told). It didn't taste bad, it just wasn't what I expected. The service was friendly and the restaurant, although very small, has a fun atmosphere. I understand that they are under new ownership for about the past year, so give that consideration when reading reviews!

1  Thank citygirlstuck
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The curry we all had was delicious, and the portion sizes were huge! Definitely authentic-tasting. I feel as though this place often gets missed, which is unfortunate as they do an excellent curry!

Date of visit: October 2012
1  Thank simrox15
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I visited Kababeque expecting good Indian food. I ordered the lamb "que" roll and samosa. I loved the samosa. The lamb roll was pretty decent but chewy. The wrap around the meat was very very good. Overally, the roll was just okay. I would like to go back and try one of the curries. I definitely liked that I could eat outside. The staff was very very nice.

Date of visit: October 2012
1  Thank Nicolle Z
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Kababeque Indian Grill has pretty good food. You must know 2 things though before you go. 1. It is in college town, so has a college atmosphere. It is not a bad thing, it is just about what you are expecting. 2. This place is more of a TAKE OUT style. There are a few seats in the restaurant, but not many. It has a takeout feel, so not intended for high quality service or a romantic "date" night!
That being said.....the STRAWBERRY MANGO juice is fabulous!! It is more like an American smoothy, as all fruit is blended whole rather than juiced. The husband has spent much time in the South East Asia/ Middle east and this is what they call JUICE. Very good and very authentic.
The lamb was wonderful and very tender. No complaints about the meat at all. The Naan bread was also great! So a quick dinner for 2 WITH fresh juice cost us $17! It's a winner! VERY large serving sizes too!

Date of visit: August 2012