This is my first time at Westin La Paloma and to the Southwestern US. The views from resort were wonderful - pool was very relaxing and enjoyed the water slide (though it was closed our last day there). The inside of the room was very well maintained and recently updated. We were in building F - an 'uphill' walk from the main pool area - but a nice view of the mountains at sunrise (my colleague was in building C and she had a view overlooking the golf course and stunning Arizona Sunsets!) The resort is spread out; I enjoyed walking around the property between buildings but someone who has difficulty walking up and down hills may not like this (although they do have an abundance of staff with golf carts to take you around).
The food was highly priced but some bargains could be found. Azul's Happy Hour was a bargain featuring $5 Signature Martinis (I recommend the prickly pear punch), house wines and well drinks as well as $2 off draft beers and half price appetizers. The Appetizers were delicious - during the week we enjoyed the house charcuterie board (cold meats and cheeses); pork sliders, and fried risotto/mozzarella fritters with pomodoro (my favorite it included a 'side' of fresh baby greens with vinaigrette) and the mussels were also great! If you are coming to La Paloma in the next month - also try the J Bar (next to Janos) - great sunset views and one of the best margaritas (half priced during happy hour 5-6:30 pm). Also their 'J dog' (special southwest hot dog was $2.75 during happy hour and actually tasty). Our waiter told us that Janos and the J Bar will be closing at the end of the month :( but Janos also owns another restaurant in downtown Tucson. Also at checkin you will get a booklet of 'discount coupons' for the spa, restaurants and retail outlets in the hotel.
Conference facilities were nice -- only complaint was the temperature got cold, but I'm sure it's a challenge to maintain comfortable temperatures in SW Arizona and the conference staff were very responsive to requests to adjust thermostat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin