“GREAT place to stay, 5 miles from U of A”

Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #50 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
San Jose, California
“GREAT place to stay, 5 miles from U of A”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

My hubby and I used "rewards" to find a hotel in an area near the university to attend a concert on campus. Never had stayed at a Courtyard before and we were very impressed. VERY NICE, had a great courtyard view and it was booked only one day in advance through the "800" number. Very comfortable bed in a studio room. Not sure why they had to skimp on the size of the sink/vanity area as we had VERY LITTLE room to put our toiletries on the counter. Everything else was great, clean and even had a frig concealed behind a door that matched the furniture.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Darlene C
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear GREAT place to stay, 5 miles from U of A,

I am so thankful you mentioned our location in your review of the hotel. This weekend, 2 years after your review was written about the Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, we were having the same great conversation with our guests. "5 miles from the U of A." A great hotel with FREE 40MEG Wifi, Free Parking, shopping, and 20 restaurants within 1 minute of the hotel.

I hope you are doing amazing today - say hi the next time you are in town.

Logan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 20 August 2011

A very nice updated hotel. Lots around the area including places to eat and shop.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CactusPatch
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Nicely Updated,

Thank you so much for writing a review about our hotel. I is very nice that you took the time to say something excellent about your visit. We hope to see you again in the near future.

I hope you the best. Say hi the next time you are in town.

Virginia
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Exceeded the standards of the typical Courtyard. Excellent location, near to shopping, restaurants, etc. Accessible to downtown and the mountains. Very warm and personable staff. Extremely clean and well maintained.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ffffjjjj
Dear Very high quality facility,

You made my day! Thank you for saying - Clean, Well Maintained, Great Location, Friendly... That is what we are all about! The hotel staff is very focused on these guiding principles to make sure every guest has a excellent stay.

I hope you the very best - come see us again,

Glastonbury, CT
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My husband and I try to stay at this hotel every time we visit our daughter who attends the U of A. The hotel is clean, very recently renovated and offers a good value in a good location. I know that this hotel does not include breakfast, but has a bistro with many breakfast, lunch and dinner options, and does not have room service...but this is because all Marriott Courtyards operate this way. If you want room service and a full service restaurant, then you need to stay at either a JW Marriott or a Marriott hotel.

Marriott has many brands, of which Courtyard is one. Courtyard is more for the business traveler (sorry, can't explain the silly Dora the Explorer and Sponge Bob key cards) or if you're just looking for a comfortable and contemporary place to stay that isn't overrun with young children.

I also wouldn't say we were "encouraged" to eat at their bistro; we were simply informed of it by the front desk when we checked in. I did use it on a couple of occasions to get hot chocolate (which happens to be Starbucks). They also have a small grocery/sundries area. Every room has a fridge. But if you want a very reasonably priced breakfast option (also works for lunch), I highly recommend The Good Egg, located a 2-minute walk across the parking lot in a very nice strip mall. There are also many dinner option restaurants within walking distance (BJ's, Sauce, Pei Wei, On the Border, Macaroni Grill) or others that are a short drive away (you need to have a car to really get around in Tucson).

While the Courtyard is not exactly a resort (and it's not meant to be), this one does have a lovely pool and courtyard area. It's actually quite peaceful. There is also a small gym with two treadmills, a recumbant bike, an elliptical machine and free weights (there is also a water cooler). Nothing fancy, but it's free and gets the job done. Oh, and there is a hot tub located under an overhang just outside the gym.

As many parents visiting their college student children do, we do our daughter's laundry at the hotel. There are laundry facilities on each floor. No need to buy detergent (just push the button to dispense), but of course you do have to pay for the use of the washing machine and dryer.

I do apologize for this late review, but I was a bit disturbed by one of the more recent ones, which is why I addressed the Dora the Explorer and Sponge Bob key cards, the lack of room service and that Marriott is made up of several brands of hotel which offer different levels of service and accommodation.

I also just booked this Courtyard again for an upcoming stay in May. And I got a very good rate b/c as a travel agent, I was able to explore a number of options. And the best option was booking a contracted rate through a company called Travel Bound. Only travel agents can access this company as consumers cannot book directly with them. But for a 2-night stay at the end of May, I am paying a total of $160. That's $80/night including tax. That's a good deal.

Hope this review clarifies some misconceptions about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CNorm
Dear Happy again at the Courtyard,

Thank you again for writing such an informative review of the hotel. You really have an excellent understanding of what the concept of this hotel is designed to do. It is great that you have taken the time to communicate how great the hotel is (without being a resort). You are an amazing guest and we are very thankful for your stays at the hotel. No more Dora!

Please say hi the next time you are in town.

Arizona
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Visiting relatives in Tucson, we spent 4 nights here--and I would never return for another stay. Understandably, it was during the holidays, so rooms were "refreshed" rather than cleaned. However, we had the same dirty floor, covered with small bits of black plastic, the entire time we stayed. I had to request clean cups and glasses; otherwise, the same dirty ones were left in the room. The room has one mirror over the sink, which leads to problems when 2 people need to be ready at the same time in the morning. Why not install a mirror in the bedroom area? Had to request hot water in the lobby (we're tea drinkers) and had no teabags in the room, despite my request for them. All the residents on our 3rd floor were bunched together in the same area, no doubt for the convenience of the maid service, but this allowed for much more television and other neighbor noises. This hotel does not represent the quality we expect from a Marriott Courtyard hotel. Spend your lodging dollars elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jantravlz
Dear Not the Best,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of the hotel. I know it has been some time since your review and I apologize for the slow response. Please know that I would be delighted if you ever wanted to try the hotel again. I promise we would do our very best to meet your needs.

I hope you the very best in your travels.

Sincerely yours,