“really nice place to stay”

Tucson University Park Hotel
Ranked #63 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersGold level
Corpus Christi, Texas
“really nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Really nice hotel, one staff member was a bit curt, when i tried mailing a post card and other than the phone next to bed not working, it was a nice hotel. i had a nice view from my window, and the staff was accomadating when we tried checking in early.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
TucsonMarriott, Director of Sales at Tucson University Park Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
It's great to see our team accommodated the early check in request and that you enjoyed the views. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I was just here for conference. It's a perfectly nice Marriott. Anyone who travels will know exactly what that means. I loved that there were actual balconies with doors that open up. It was good to get some fresh air. They do charge for internet service for regular guests, it appears but we were given free internet service with our stay (there were a LOT of us)

I had a few minor issues- the air-conditioning in my room was directed so that it hit exactly where I was sitting at the desk. I don't like air being blown down on me, especially cold air so for the most part I left the a/c off. Also, because of the Atrium setup, it can get loud while the bar area was opened. It quieted down quickly after the bar closed for the evening.

Staff seemed nice and were wearing their uniforms- saw no brastraps here! (see post, below)- the cleaning people were unobtrusive and did a nice job.

The hotel itself seems close to lots of stuff- we didn't really have time to get out and explore too much but there was a brewery and a few restaurants and shops right next to the hotel. Would have liked to see more of Tucson but that's the downside of a business trip. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

great location, clean nice friendly walk to campus

Room Tip: had a balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Kansas City, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

When we checked in we were using gift cards and were assured that only $50 would be authorized on my credit card and of course they authorized $550. I was staying one night! The manager on duty was dressed in a tank top with her bra strap showing- tacky! She seemed bothered to help with gift cards and proceeded to tell me to just deal with it in the morning. I booked a room with a balcony on the top floor- I did not get one. For $300 a night I expect my requests to be met- none were. No extra towels, no extra pillows- why ask if you don't honor? I finally got my balcony and my daughter went outside and stepped on a bunch of nasty cigarette butts- EWWW. The food and beverage offerings are a joke. It was the servers first day and we had to ask for everything. For $150 a meal I expect quality service and food- I received neither. I wish I could forget this night ever happened. Next time I will stay at the JW for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kathrynp816
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Mr. Otha Taylor has excellent customer service and went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. We needed sleep after having to leave a previous hotel because of the guys partying all night next door. We were exhausted and even though the hotel was essentially full, he made special arrangements for us to have a nice room. He is always kind and considerate. His first class service is like that of the Nordstrom company. Every time we stay at this Marriott, his service makes you want to come and stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family