“Rooms smelled like a relaxing spa!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Lodge on the Desert
Ranked #27 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Rooms smelled like a relaxing spa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Very nice place to stay! Rooms were very clean and I felt like I was walking into a spa upon entering my room! Nice pool, nice grouds, nice staff. Fun bar atmosphere and our group even got to meet Chef Ryan. I would stay again for pleasure!

Room Tip: I stayed in an east facing room. The curtains are not black out like other hotels, so it got light...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband and I met my parents here for one evening. We booked two rooms and they honored our request for the rooms to be close together. We arrived a hour and a half before check-in - and let them know we wanted the rooms ready. They stated that they were full the night before and were working on getting our room - we gave them our # to call when it was ready. We changed into pool clothes and waited by the pool. They did not call to let us know the room was ready. I only found out during a bathroom run through the lobby an hour and a half later.
Upon checking into our room, we noticed my parents room had a service cart and was being prepared. My parents arrived shortly after we were let into our room - only to be told the room was not ready. It took an additional TWO HOURS to have their room ready.... Unacceptable.

Additionally, once my mom was in the room, she called to have a shower cap delivered. Instead - they brought a PILE of towels. My parents thanked room service - and again asked for a shower cap. The next time they were brought a stack of coffee... They gave up on the shower cap.

The rooms are very large, well appointed, and the beds are some of the most comfortable I've slept in. Our room had a fireplace, and no tub, parents room had tub and no fireplace. There is some variability in the rooms - so if there is something you really want - make sure you ask. Both of our rooms had nice private patios facing the parking lot - -shrubbery provided privacy.. there are some patios that face the inner walkway... not so private if that matters to you.

Happy hour is one of the best deals in town... drinks are a little pricey - but 4 people ate well (only sodas) for $32. Food was great and all half priced - service extremely slow - they seemed quite understaffed. They offer free mussels (3 in an amazing broth) during the last half hour of happy hour... although the wait staff asked if we wanted mussels an hour before they were brought out. Gets you anticipating wanting them and having to wait an hour...

Breakfast was also very good -- service again was a tad slow - -and we thought it was odd that egg dishes required ordering toast separately for an additional couple of bucks....

Overall - really quaint place - - MOST COMFORTABLE BEDS EVER.... good food.... cute and with character... but they HAVE TO WORK ON CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Room Tip: Specify if you want a private patio, bath tub, to be on ground floor (no stairs) or want a fireplace...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joey W
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

My daughter is at U of A and I come down from Phoenix a few times a year.
This is by far the nicest place for the money I have seen.
Beds, pillows very comfortable.
I will stay here from now on for sure!

Room Tip: East rooms would be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank UofADad
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This property was tucked away in a place I would not have expected in downtown Tucson. Great design to the rooms, and once I was there I felt like I was in an oasis with no sign that a city was around me. The restaurant was also a great find with unique offerings. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

What a great suprise. We found the hotel on line and had a three day stay with the Green Ecco rates. The room was very spacious and the bathroom space was almost the size of the sleeping room. Enjoyed the open shower idea. We ate a few times in the restaurant and found the food excellent but the service was a little slow. The hotel is easy to get to and a great location to get to the Pima Air Museum, to I-10 for Kartchner Caverns and the Sonora Desert Museum. The ground were well kept and we liked the no smoking outside around the pool. The room was quiet and peaceful which made for a very enjoyable time.

Room Tip: WE had a ground floor and liked it. We had a deluxe King which was more that adequate. A freezer wit...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple