“Good value”

Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Nicely renovated older Hampton. One of the elevators was a bit jerky and closed for awhile during our visit. We discovered on the last day that the air/heat unit was not plugged in and when we plugged it in the controls didn't work. But it was clean and at less than $100 a night I'd go back. About 2 minutes from the airport.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Good hotel, right by the airport. Thankfully, Tucson does not have flights arriving and departing between 11PM and 7AM. 'Coz if it did, it would have been a bit of nightmare with the poor noise insulation in the rooms.

Clean property, decent breakfast options, and most importantly, barely a stone throw from the airport. Call the hotel for the shuttle when I got to the airport and the shuttle showed up promptly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank apsinpdx
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I arrived early and the hotel was still able to accommodate me. The staff was very pleasant and customer service oriented. The room was clean and large and despite being one of the first rooms on the first floor was very quiet. Airplane sounds were minimal. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Tough to find a nice hotels in Tucson. Well unless you stay at Hilton Conquistador resort. (highly recommended - been there) However this is more about where not to stay. The airport Hampton is nice, very average to slightly above. Now, where not to stay ... Take Hampton North OFF your list. I didn't stay, but reserved and appeared. When I saw the cars in the parking lot and the location, I protected my wallet and cancelled my reservation. Will save you time. I said to myself, airport location must be nicer, catering to flying public. I was right - clean nice. Kind of clientele you don't mind staying with. The Conquistador was out of my way, on business. Now that is luxury if you are near that area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank jim0521
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Can't say enough good things about this Tucson Airport Hampton. Location was great, no airport noise noticeable while in the room, Beautifully maintained with spotlessly clean rooms. And the most helpful, courteous and friendly staff you could wish for. In fact, our stay was at the end of June 2011 and although it is now November, I was so impressed that I felt compelled to post a review even though it's been 5 months since our stay

Reserved a large suite for my family of 5. When we arrived, the room wasn't available due to a previous guest from a large group staying an extra night. Pamela, at the front desk was most helpful, offering two large, connecting rooms at the same rate that we had reserved. Ismail got us settled in our rooms quickly and efficiently. Every request we made (Xtra pillows/rollaway bed/recommendations for dining/directions/etc.) was handled promptly, courteously and quite satisfactorily. Pamela and Ismail even went to great lengths to provide suggestions for our rather unique request for restaurants serving native American cuisine! They are both gems whom I hope are appreciated by Hampton.

Thanks for a great stay. We'll certainly stay here again, anytime we're in Tucson!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family