All reviewsthe grillboarding schoolhistoric roomsgirls schoolhistoric resortprivate patiocatalina foothillshorseback ridingolder roomsgrounds are beautifulcity lightsoutdoor showermountain viewwonderful stayhappy hourmain buildingour room was spacious
Reviewed 13 August 2018

My employer (Planetary Science Institute) had their corporate retreat at this resort. I stayed for 3 nights and all our corporate activities were on-site in Casa Luna and Casa Feliz. The accommodations were wonderful and the events and activities were fantastic. The staff were incredibly accommodating. Unfortunately, their fitness center was closed for renovations while we were there and, since I had no car, I couldn't access the off-site fitness center they;d arranged. After I complained, they brought some weights and a yoga mat to my room so that I could work out there. Fantastic customer service!

Room Tip: I got room 1 which was convenient for the activities of my corporate retreat.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
GeoffreyFCampbell, Assistant General Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Loki-lo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review! We loved having the Planetary Science Institute here for their retreat and we really enjoyed meeting each of you. Thank you for sharing your feedback about access to the fitness center. I am glad that the staff were able to accommodate your needs within your guest room. We hope to see you again soon and have a great week! Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

The Hacienda del Sol is a nice hotel but it misses out on too many details to make a stay there entirely enjoyable. So let me list them.
Pros: Nicely decorated rooms with good air conditioning and very large bathrooms. Very good food in the restaurants. Friendly and helpful staff.
Cons: The free internet in the rooms is not secure. Anyone at the hotel or nearby can see what you are typing including user IDs and passwords. I won't go back until this is fixed. The mattresses were a little on the soft side; both my wife and I commented on this. The bathroom had a large shower but no bathtub. The shower stall itself has no safety bars. I thought this was a real safety hazard. The shower has an open doorway that badly needs a shower curtain. Because the bathroom is so large and includes an air conditioning vent, it is very difficult to take a steaming shower without a shower curtain. The tile floor outside the shower is very slippery when wet -- I fell once and had to be very careful after that. Restaurants: There are too few menu choices in both the Grille and the Terrazza. Most of the Grille choices were overpriced. I wanted to use the gym there but it was closed for redecorating, as was one of the pools. The other pool was too small to swim in. Given the hot Arizona sun, it would be worthwhile to have covered parking and covered walkways on the grounds.
Two odd incidents: We walked into the Grille for dinner one night. They seemed very upset that we didn't have a reservation and asked us to wait until they set up a table. After 10 minutes they brought us into the dining room which was almost empty and all the tables, including the open ones, were already set up. So why did they make us wait? On another night we ate in the Terrazza (recommended for very good food and reasonable prices). We ordered the same wine as we had the night before so we didn't taste it. The waiter started to fill my glass and I told him to fill my wife's glass first, which I consider a matter of common courtesy. He argued with me that it wasn't necessary. Poor form on his part.
I don't think it would take much effort or expense to fix most of these items. But until they do, I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul W

Dear Paul W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your feedback in regards to our restaurants and rooms. I am sorry our staff did not inform you about the Ethernet access within the rooms for a more secure network. Our mattresses are on the soft side, however please let us know next time you visit and we can have a more firm mattress waiting for you! We do have safety bars in our Accessible Rooms and we do have tubs in our historic rooms, suites, and Casitas, including our Catalina Suites. I understand our menus can be limited for some diners. Since we are a scratch kitchen, we do not use frozen or prepared foods, thus our offerings feature fresh local produce, much of which is grown right here at the Hacienda! If there are special dishes you would like for us to prepare, please let our chef know and we can use our fresh ingredients to prepare something special for you. We have addressed the service issues you mentioned to ensure that they remain an isolated incident. When booking your next stay, please feel free to reach out to me personally. I would love to be your personal concierge to ensure every detail is perfect for you. Thank you again for choosing the Hacienda and I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.

Geoffrey Campbell / Assistant General Manager
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
5501 N. Hacienda del Sol Rd. Tucson, AZ. 85718
Tel: (520) 901.1314 | gcampbell@haciendadelsol.com

Reviewed 10 August 2018

We have stayed in many places but this one night stay was the best we have ever experienced. Summer, the woman who helped us book our room assured us that she would take care of us and she did! The property was filled with gardens, sculptures and beautiful plants and everyone was so very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable, big, tastefully decorated and with a view of the Catalina mountains that made us picnic out on the patio to take in the view. A night time swim was welcome and so very enjoyable. Breakfast the next morning (included in our package) was delicious and served in a dining room filled with art and windows that faced the mountains. WOW!!! We hope we get to return someday. Thank you to all at the Hacienda for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms with mountain views and in the newer part of the resort.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GeoffreyFCampbell, Assistant General Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Kristin1955,

Thank you so much for your glowing review! I am so excited that we were the very best place you have ever experienced! I look forward to passing on your feedback to Summer. She is very passionate about ensuring each guest has a wonderful stay. I am glad you got to cool down in our pool. I am also pleased to pass on your feedback to our owners concerning the art selections in the dining room. We take great pleasure in featuring local artists and feel that their talent really compliments the entire experience on property. We hope that you return soon as well! It was our pleasure to serve you and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

we had an amazing time at hacienda del sol! the property is beautiful and well maintained with plenty of regional themed artwork and landscaping. the rooms are large and comfortable (and have 2 bathroom vanities and a bonus outdoor shower!), and the food and hospitality were superb. the historic touches (old photos hanging, signposts of the original function of some of the rooms, etc.) were unique and made me feel like i wasn't just staying in a fancy hotel - but a place with a rich history. highly recommend!!

Room Tip: rooms on the north edge of the property have amazing views of the mountains and are a bit more private.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
GeoffreyFCampbell, Assistant General Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Sarah S,

Thank you for your review! We have put a lot of thought into how to express the uniqueness and richness of the history of the property. I am glad you found the historic materials pleasing and informative. I am very happy to pass along your praise of both the service and food to the rest of the team. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Visited for one evening for a quick getaway with hubby. Upon our arrival we were immediately greeted by Patrick who went well out of his way to ensure our stay was all it could be. He led us to our room, took our bags, explained everything we could ever need to know, and even filled our ice bucket. We've never experienced such accommodating service. Carla at the front desk was equally as helpful to find us a room as we had arrived a bit earlier than check-in time.

We stayed in a King Bed Catalina room overlooking the beautiful golf course and mountains. The suite was superb in every way- simply stunning. Bathroom was very spacious including an awesome walk-in rain shower. At first we were disappointed there were no rooms with the outdoor shower available, but in the long run were thankful as our room was on the second floor and in retrospect, I believe had a much better view being a bit higher up.

We enjoyed Happy Hour on the Terraza Patio and the food was DIVINE! Also visited the Grill (yet another stunning view while dining!) for breakfast and enjoyed the most incredible breakfast dishes ever! YOU MUST try their new blueberry french toast and the Hacienda Benedict!

Take time for a stroll to take in every intricate detail in the GORGEOUS landscaping and gardens- it really is something to see, and yet another highlight of the property!

We also enjoyed a couples spa treatment in our room- so many ways to relax here! We will definitely be returning to the Hacienda!

Room Tip: Love the rooms in the newer catalina buildings- views are amazing and suites very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer B
GeoffreyFCampbell, Assistant General Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Jennifer B,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! I am glad you enjoyed the view from the second story Catalina room. This is my personal favorite views of the Santa Catalina Mountains. Equally stunning is the view of Tucson at night. I am glad that Patrick gave you a thorough orientation of your room and resort. I will pass on your dining feedback to the team; they would love to hear your praise of the blueberry French toast, which is every bit as delicious as it sounds! I discussed your feedback with the landscaping team and they are glad you enjoy the visual experience they curate each day. The Catalina Rooms were designed with in-room spa treatments in mind. I am glad you took advantage of the experience. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!