Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
US$ 178
US$ 148
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$ 93
US$ 88
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$ 94
US$ 84
US$ 193
US$ 173
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$ 113
US$ 323
US$ 233
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
Omni Tucson National Resort(Tucson)
US$ 221
US$ 159
All reviewsthe grillboarding schoolhistoric roomsgirls schoolhistoric resortcatalina foothillsprivate patiohorseback ridingolder roomsgrounds are beautifulsouthwestern stylecity lightshot tubmountain viewhappy hourwonderful staymain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We took our Tucson Hosts to Sunday lunch at the Hacienda Del Sol Resort restaurant. We were pre-advised to wear slacks rather than shorts - not that the place was over-formal, rather it was balanced just right for an excellent Sunday Lunch. There was a phenomenal buffet such that I ignored the roast joints on offer. The staff were incredibly helpful, polite and very efficient. The food was excellent with much choice of delights and the welcoming fountain garden was in full bloom and colour. I do not think that we could have found a better restaurant in which to thank our hosts for their own wonderful hospitality. Memorable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Thank you for coming to enjoy our Sunday Brunch and for sharing your thoughts on the experience. I love the picture you posted which helps illustrate your mention of the garden and fountain and paints a small picture of what we have to offer. I appreciate the mention of our Grill staff they do an amazing job every Sunday to put on the best brunch in Tucson. I hope your hosts enjoyed your token of appreciation and perhaps on your next trip to town you might come and stay with us and we can show you what the hotel has to offer as well.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

The staff at the restaurant, at check-in, at the bar, etc. could not be more professional, enthusiastic and accommodating. The room was clean and of generous size. We were very comfortable right away.
We checked in and asked a few questions to Jennifer, who had most of the answers. She couldn't find a certain brochure she was looking for. About an hour later she came to our room to give us the brochure and some additional help.
The wine list at the Grille is terrific. Definitely a place for foodies and wine enthusiasts. Sunday brunch was great also with many interesting dishes. (Mild criticism....at the Sunday Brunch, the bagels were not so great). Other than that, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

We appreciate you coming to stay with us and for providing a vaulable review or your experiences. Our ideal is to go above and beyond for guests and it is heartening to hear that Jennifer did not give up but did provide the requested information for you. Thank you for partaking in our Sunday Brunch, my apologies the bagels were unsatisfactory, this is not up to the Grills exacting standards. I will pass along both your compliments and criticism to the Grill, these reviews help so much with feedback to use for improvement and to know what is working. I hope we can make another wonderful stay for you in the future. Regards

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this inn in the foothills. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and the rooms comfortably charming. Throughout the halls are photos detailing the history of the inn as a girls school which make it all the more special. We stayed in the Saguaro Suite. It is very southwestern in design, comfortably roomy with tile floors, beamed ceilings, and a private patio with a nice view. There were logs set up to burn in the fireplace every night so we took advantage of having fires, enjoying the crackling and fragrant wood. Although the bathroom was small, it is very functional. There was excellent coffee available in the main area of the inn early every morning. We had the bed and breakfast package, and so ate an outstanding meal in the dining room each day. The Terraza and The Grill (the more formal restaurant) had very good food. I recommend joining the Preferred Hotel Group and reserving through them, as I believe that is why we were upgraded from a deluxe room to a suite. When in Tuscon, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The Saguaro Suite is very nice, having excellent views, charming southwestern decor, fireplace all set to use. Though it is closer to the property entrance drive than other rooms, it is quiet and private. The bathroom was well laid out and functional but not spa-like.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience staying with us recently. Our I-Prefer members do enjoy perks such as room upgrades, priority check in/out and a wonderfvul wine/appetizer pairing and I am glad to see we were able to accomodate the comlimentary upgrade for you. Saguaro Suite # 42 is a personal favorite and I am happy you enjoyed the charms, functionality and decor of the suite. So many guests have raved about the Arbuckle coffee we have in the rooms and for AM lobby service we have began to sell bags of it specially packaged for the hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you also enjoyed our newly revamped breakfast program and that the breakfast package worked well for you. Come back and see us next winter/spring and well have plenty of firewood and delights waiting. Regards

Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was a property we stayed at, on one of our stops during Spring Break. Stunning landscape and architecture. It's so much more enjoyable to stay at a beautiful resort like this one, instead of a chain hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the courtyard are lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for making us one of your stops on Spring Break and then posting a review of your time spent with us. We take pride in not being the typical high rise, muted, chain hotel and I appreciate that you enjoy our unique rooms and grounds especially when you have the Broodmoor in your backyard. I hope the rest of your spring break went just as well as here and perhaps we will see you in the future. Regards

Reviewed 18 April 2012

What famed Tucson architect Josia Joesler designed as a girls school is now the charming Hacienda Del Sol Ranch. The location, atmosphere, rooms and food can not be beat. Upon entering the property, you walk through a lovely desert garden that rivals any botanical one, even impressing our Tucson friends. Past the garden on your left you step down to a lovely heated pool, then step down another level to the hot tub, both fabulous spots to view the incredible stars and city lights. And below that are the stables and trails where my husband and I enjoyed our morning jogs and I was thrilled to spy a fox! Breakfast at the Grill restaurant was a real treat, we adults loved the Buffalo Benedict and Braised Corn Beef Hash & Eggs while our teen boys loved the Buttermilk Apple Pancakes. When we weren't hiking in nearby Sabino Canyon or visiting the Arizona Desert Museum we were relaxing and luxuriating in the serene Hacienda atmosphere or playing at the pool, delicious drinks in hand. I'm only sorry that I didn't have time to take in a spa treatment. While we were there we witnessed a wedding, I can't imagine a more romantic location for nuptials. And speaking of romantic we stayed in the Tracy - Hepburn Casita Grande, 2 bedrooms, living and dinning rooms, 2 terraces and a totally Mad Men kitchen! It was a vacation to be remembered!

Room Tip: While traveling with teen boys my husband and I spent first night in room 4 overlooking the valley, loved it! Boys were practically next door in room 1. Spent rest of our stay in Tracy - Hepburn Casita Grande which includes 2 bedrooms, 2 bath, living room, dining room, 2 terraces and Mad Men kitchen. If you don't need the kitchen and all that space, my preference is room 4 overlooking the valley.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your fantastic review of your stay with us, you can have a job as our hotel tour guide on your next visit. It is always a treat to see something you may never get to in everyday life unless you go to the Lincoln Park Zoo so great to hear you met one of our fox friends on the trail. Thank you for trying out our new breakfast program, the new menu and upgrades seem to have struck a positive nerve with our guests. Next time you come out youll have to try a fabulous hot stone massage, definately hits the spot after those long, beautiful Sabino hikes. I love the Mad Men comment, funny you mention this week we are bringing in new furniture and soon will begin a remodel of that kitchen, trying to stay modern while maintaining the history and charm of the space.