“A home away from home”

Ranked #82 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Fredericksburg, Texas
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm glad I did. Was there for five nights, met Rick, Vicki, Missy, Scott, Anthony, and Jessica. Rick's the HMFIC, and Vicki is assistant HMFIC. (Head Male/Female In Charge). Missy, Scott, Anthony and Jessica were on duty at various times when I wandered in with one request or another. Each and every one was (a) cheerful (how nice to deal with people who like their jobs) (b) attentive (they actually listen); (c) bright (you could tell they were smart folks who knew how to provide a professional and courteous guest experience; (d) knowledgeable (about restaurants, attractions, and nightlife); (e) interested in making a guest's stay an enjoyable one. I've been on the road more than 30 years, and have stayed in fancy, to crappy. I settled on nice MOR because every room looks the same when you're asleep, and I'd rather spend bucks on a fancy restaurant instead of a fancy hotel. So, keeping in mind this hotel does not, and is not intended to compete with the really expensive resort accomodations, it provided everything you could reasonably want for a fair and equitable cost. Free WiFi, in room microwave, desk, fridge, clean, large double bed - a home away from home for the working traveler. There's another reason I liked this place a lot. It's easy for a hotel to get a good rating if everything is perfect. What happens if issues arise? How are they handled? Glad you asked. MIssy advised me that a neighboring facility might get noisy, and offered me a chance to relocate. I didn't, and it was no big deal, but I thought it remarkable that they gave me the heads up, and the option. Nice. Later, a neighboring guest got a little noisy. Called the desk. Anthony answered. Explained the problem. Anthony immediately gave me several options to solve the problem. I chose one. He did it. Problem solved quickly, quietly, professionally, and with good humor. That's called class. So, I'll be back, and will stay with them again. If you go, tell'em Catfish sentcha, and said "hello". I had breakfast at the Denny's next door. Dennys is Dennys, and they give great breakfast. So Red Roof South Tucson gets a 5 outa 5.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank rangercatfish
i0225, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Catfish!

Thank you so much for your review. It was great talking with you at the front desk. I hope you were able to find that perfect Porterhouse Steak while you were in Tucson. Please let us know if there is anything else that you might need.

Red Roof Inn Tucson South
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We have stayed @ this motel 4 times in the last 3 months. The location is great - off an interstate and 5 miles from the airport. Rates are good, rooms are clean, and the desk staff is helpful. Scott has been on duty a few times and has always been quite helpful w/ his knowledge of the area.
Plan on returning to this motel w/ out next visit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. I know the staff was very excited when they saw it on our "wall of fame". If there is anything you might need, please feel free to contact us at i0225@redroof.com or 520-571-1400. My personal extension is #402.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The property was inexpensive, clean, safe, comfortable and in a perfect location for our sightseeing of the Pima Air and Space Museum, San Xavier del Bac, and the Sajuaro National Forest.
We especially loved the graciousness and hospitality of Jessica and Missy at the front desk, whose personalities made our stay a very happy experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank serabitstar
Thank you so much for your review. I have posted it on our "wall of fame" for the staff to see. We appreciate that you took the time to think of us. Please let us know if there is anything that you might need. I can be reached at i0225@redroof.com, or at 520-571-1400 and my direct extension is #402.

Douglas, Arizona
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I think that your hotel is quite comfortable, but it can have better things. Such as taking care of the pool and keeping it clean. Also, to keep the pool opened for more hours. It would also be great if you guys had a spa!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review. Each and every review helps potential guests in their decision to stay with us. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. Please let me know if there is anything that you might need in the future. I can be reached at 520-571-1400 and my direct extension is 402. I can also be reached by e-mail at i0225@redroof.com.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I do not have the name of the young lady that moved me into my room early so I could dress for a wedding, but she really accommodated me quickly. Have stayed here a few times and have never been disappointed. Always believe a hotel represents its manager, and I think this manager is clean, kind and fair.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. My apologies for the late response. I wanted to make sure that you knew how grateful we were for your kind words. If there is anything that we can help you with in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. My e-mail is i0225@redroof.com and I can be reached at 520-571-1400 ext 402