“A real find!”

Ranked #34 of 2,042 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local restaurant with a focus on casual excellence. Our menu offers something great for everyone. We look forward to having you join us here today~ Great service, a thoughtful wine list featuring Arizona wine, SIP certified and make for great menu pairing. Excellent cocktails, beer served in frosty pints and a great happy hour served daily 4-6 and all day Tuesday's & Sunday's Renee's is not a chain and we are not a affiliated with any other restaurant.
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

In the mood for Italian, searched Trip Advisor and found this rather amazing locovore, organic restaurant. Lots of choices with DIY ingredients. The chicken pesto lasagna and pepperoni pizza roll were both excellent. Staff were welcoming and attentive. This is obviously a local favorite with staff and diners welcoming each other.

1  Thank Robert P

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Great service and great food. The whole team makes sure the experience is good. Margaritas, tostada, spinach salad and pesto chicken lasagna. Each excellent on its own. Wonderful meal experience.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

we were delighted to find Renee's Organic Oven. It serves sophisticated vegan food and the owner is very knowledgeable and personable! Prices were reasonable, too. I wish we'd found it before our last day in Tucson so we could have tried more choices.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Among the advantages of living in a large college town is that a greater choice of healthy food is available; both in restaurants, and grocery stores. While visiting family in Tucson we decided to take dinner at Renee’s Organic Oven (ROO) on a Saturday night.

ROO is located in a strip mall across N. Sabino Canyon Rd from a Wallgreen’s store. It is popular, and also a very small place, so reservations are highly recommended. We had called ahead so our table was ready for us.

We were seated and very soon we were greeted by Cynthia who was very courteous and who described the specials for the day. We began by ordering a bottle of Carmel Road (Monterey) Pinot Noir (which I found very nice) and a bowl of Spinach and Artichoke Dip to share. Wife inquired about gluten free pastas. While ROO serves GF bread, GF pasta (which we have at home!) was not available so she ordered (from the “New on the Menu” list) the Zucchini Noodle “Pasta” Primavera with marinara sauce (see photo). I began with a small Greek Salad (photo) and then the Meat Lasagna in marinara sauce (photo). Son ordered the 10” gluten free Everything Pizza (photo). Daughter-in-Law ordered the Cheese Ravioli with pesto sauce (photo). Grandson (age 4, no photo) was satisfied with an order of Garlic Knots and ranch dressing.

After waiting over 30 min our entrees were served. My Meat Lasagna was a little burned (see photo) which might account for the long wait for our entrees. The Lasagna was very sweet and I found only two layers of pasta, one layer on the bottom and one near the top covered with cheese and even more marinara sauce. There was no taste of any basil. For me the general effect was the taste of beef in a sweet sauce laced with cheese. Wife agreed that the marinara sauce on her “pasta” was too sweet. Son rated his pizza a 4; Daughter-n-Law rated her ravioli a 5; wife and I rated our dishes a 3s.

ROO is a place to go in Tucson for organic food. Do not expect to be served any of the variety of gluten free pastas that can be purchased at many grocery stores.

Renee K, Owner at Renee's Organic Oven, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Les, please know that the zucchini zoodles is the very healthiest heart healthy qualifying dish on our menu. Gluten free pasta is coming to us from a local gluten free bakery as store bought was proving to a problem in consistency. As the first to offer gluten free pizza in Tucson (7 + years ago and 45,000 gluten free pizza orders later) we have built much trust with people who have food sensitivities of all kinds. I understand the store offers gluten free and we included picking that up in one of many special trips we make to keep this menu going and having a product in a restaurant is very different than in a home. As we are not just making a gluten free option...please know we have guests that Some can't have corn, others soy, others dairy and then there is egg and needing non-gmo... We served this for over 3 years with many attempts at consistency in product. We can't always offer a product everyone can eat due to their individual diet but we need to be able to know what we have consistently so they can be informed and safely order or not order what we offer. While we can encourage all guests to say and ask questions, we have learned they don't always do so. And if you dine at a restaurant every two weeks and get a dish, one doesn't assume we change it to now having corn in it so they don't ask.
Opting for the healthiest option we went with the dish that a great number of guests at our tables were ordering as a special and added to our menu. And the "zoodles" were born. Once we get gluten free pasta in locally we will be adding it as an option. It was to arrive last Thursday likely it will be this one and served daily while available.
That gluten free bread is made by the local bakery I am referring to, it is made for us and vegan and always made with the same ingredients we have a list for to provide to our waitstaff so they are well informed of what we offer.
I hope you tried it, we love it! We are very grateful to be able to offer that to you.
I am so sorry you did not love everything, that is our goal.
I am unsure what your expectations were for your entree times, that part we can't change we don't have a microwave, we do have a small awesome staff working very hard and we can't prepare this menu any faster than that. So while I feel badly when a guest is disappointed; I can't feel badly about preparing your family meal with care and our team creating (by all the photos shared ) food as they are trained and showing me they took proper care of your family's order.
Our Lasagna is baked for about 25 minutes to cook it for you and that photo is showing the marks from that dish being individually baked for you in our 500 degree oven, the pasta, sauce and cheese are showing me that it is prepared as it should be. Also our gluten free pizza is handled on a line to ensure it handled properly and made by that cook on that line.
The ravioli also having pesto, we make that pesto cream to order as you request it on that pasta dish as an option.
This all takes time.
Thank you for taking time to head our way and share your experience.
I am hopeful by me speaking to some of what you brought up you have a more positive view of why we make the choice we make and the solutions we create to keep making our guests happy.
Renee

Reviewed 3 February 2017

We went with a group. The place is small so if your party is larger than 4 make a reservation. The food was fresh and delicious. I had the tomato soup, which was to die for, and a cheese sandwich. My vegan sister had the taco plate as a meal and said it was outstanding. A couple of people in our party had the primavera with zucchini noodles and loved it. The desserts are fabulous, we tried the sorbet, the carrot cake, the apple tart, cheese cake and the chocolate cake. We will definitely be making this a regular stop on our visits to Tucson.

Renee K, Owner at Renee's Organic Oven, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Thank you Beverly for sharing your experience here! It is great for us to know how much you enjoyed our menu, and I am sure your fellow travelers love all the details you included (that's pretty awesome).
Thank you for visiting us on your Tucson Trip~ We look forward to seeing you again.
Renee

Been to Renee's Organic Oven? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK