“Average”

Ha Long Bay
Ranked #236 of 2,212 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Ha Long Bay is not as good as the website promotes. Staff is friendly and food mediocre. Appetizers, soup and main courses all served at once, even after explaining how we wanted the food.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I fell in love with Vietnamese food when my son took me to a Vietnamese pho and hu tieu restaurant in Philadelphia. One of our favorites was hu tieu sate bo, (who to sat tie bow), which we have yet to find in Arizona but we also fell in love with the spicy pho and other hu soups.

My wife, son and I just happened to drive by this restaurant after a hike up on Mt. Lemmon. Upon our entry we were seated very quickly but it took too long a time for someone to come take our order. I observed another couple of tables seated after us who get their order taken and served before we did. We were only going to wait another 5 minutes before we left but I am pleased that they finally came to us. I am not certain why it took so long but 20 minutes was just unacceptable. Maybe we looked a bit ragged from our hike? I don't know.

My son and I had the Hue Spicy Beef Soup and my wife had the beef and meatball pho. We also had the spring rolls as an appetizer.

WOW! I am glad we didn't walk out.

My soup was the bomb! I loved and so did my son. Just well balanced, spicy, had nice amounts of beef and noodles and I was a very happy man. My wife's soup was also excellent. She really enjoyed it yet she isn't much of an oriental food eater. The spring rolls were good but what made them very good was the dipping sauce.

The prices were good, the restaurant and bathrooms were clean and the staff courteous. Again, just not certain why we waited so long. We did run into some friends from the east side whcih helped reassure me that the place is good.

If you like Vietnamese pho and hu, you'll love this place. I would have rated this place excellent had they attended to us in a timely manner. That is just simply poor service. Staff seemed adequate.

Believe it or not, I am anxious to go back and have my meal again! But please, take our order in turn of others arriving and within a reasonable amount of time!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank John J
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This place is unexciting. The Pho soup was seasoned with cilantro and not basil. The service was good and fast.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Very comfortable dining and the staff was very efficient and friendly. The food was really excellent - fresh and well served.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

They have great Pho and other Vietnamese/Asian foods. My son loves their Orange Chicken and I love their Spring Rolls. The only thing missing is Delivery...sure wish they had it!! :)