New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Teresa's Mosaic Cafe
Ranked #86 of 1,933 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
midwest
“Great Staff Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is my second trip to Teresa's. First I was welcomed immediately after stepping through the door and seated right away. My waiter was there in a minute with chips and salsa. I had carnitas with rice and beans. First let me say the atmosphere is festive and light so it would be hard to walk in and not have your spirits uplifted. So maybe after a bad day this is a place to go to have a Dos XX and a taco.

The chips would be better if heated, mine were not warm when they were brought out but I am guessing they are not your typical store bought chips. The salsa is great and has to be homemade.

I ordered carnitas with rice and beans. Beans were good not spectacular, rice could be a bit spicier for my taste but I assume they want people to add the salsa for spice. The first two chunks of pork were disappointing dry and tough. However the remainder of the pork pieces were crisp on the outside and tender and moist inside just the way you expect carnitas to be. I would order them again.

I'll return on my next trip to Tucson.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Tucson, Arizona
“Salsa, Chips and Tortilla's oh my...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

If you are looking for authentic Mexican food, good salsa, fresh tortillas and real Mexican atmosphere this is for you! I have been to "The Mosaic" (as it is called in Tucson) many times. I have NEVER been let down. I think it just gets better. Get a seat facing the tortilla making 'chef'. This is the real deal.
Yum! and ENJOY!

• Visited April 2012
Yuma
“Delicious food, nice views, fresh salsa, cute atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Went to Teresa's with my husband and son on a weekend trip to Tucson. The salsa is very fresh and delicious - we ate 3 bowls of it! All our food was delicious and nice sized portions. I got the 3 tacos and enjoyed all 3 flavors - chicken, machaca and carne asada and loved the beans. My hubs got a huge steak burrito and savored every bite. And my son got a cheese enchilada with rice and beans and loved it. And it was not like those tiny enchiladas they serve at some restaurants. Nice views from the top of the mountain and cute decor inside. The service was a bit slow, but our waiter had several tables. Overall, two thumbs up!

Visited April 2012
Arizona
“Yummy we will go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We really enjoyed this place and are looking forward to returning. I had the veggies burrito it was yummy. They cooked the tortillas right in the restaurant. Unique and different experience.

Visited March 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Not my idea of Mexican food, atmosphere absolutely!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I found there to be no real flavor to the meal and absolutely no heat either. If you know CO, NM or the country of Mexico food skip this place. The chips were hard, the enchiladas had barely anything in them, the rice was forgettable, beans okay.

The service was good, and the place was pretty full at lunch, I think the room has got to be the attraction for those who want very mild Mexican food with the "Southwest Experience." I was only going through town that day on the way to Sonora Desert Museum and did not try the Margarita everyone raves about.

This is the first time I have not been happy with TA reviews. Thanks reviewers for the tip on how to find it, that was important even with a GPS.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Been to Teresa's Mosaic Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK