“Amazing customer service in a beautiful setting!”

JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Amazing customer service in a beautiful setting!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This was the 2nd time I stayed at this resort last time being June 2011. The hotel is simply amazing, loved the tequila toast that they do everyday at 5pm and the different free activities tht are available really helped me learn more about Tucson and native american culture.

I love the pool area they call the lazy river where you can just float along and relax or have the kids play on the pool slides.

The customer service was simply amazing, they were very friendly and helpful and overall made our stay that much more memorable.

As for cost the prices are a Hinton the high side I must say, and everything costs money even the water bottle were $5, but if you're looking to treat yourself and not worry about the cost, then this is definitely the place to do it.

Check out their Hashani Spa as well, I had an amazing foot massage over there.

There are beautiful onsite restaurants that offer wonderful food and different cuisines so you'll really be spoilt for choice! I would definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank shycandy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
Milwaukee
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is a huge resort. Period. Most who work here are kind, say "good morning," etc...And Primo, their signature restaurant is de-lish. LOVED IT.

We are here attending a conference and due to the group, we have "free (although shotty) wifi and I asked for turn down service.

It seems that the Marriott system has a 5-tiered system. We arrived at Basic having staying at the Fairfield to visit our daughter in Denver. Looking for a reason to go to a conference and celebrate our 30th, we thought that the JW Marriott at Star Fire would be perfect. We've not been to Tucson in years.

The first night we had NO turn down, no morning paper and I had to pay for a yoga class. The lap pool is extra...I could go on...

Alas we were nickeled and dimed.

But For $25 per day, you can buy a pass to wifi, unlimited driving range and all the other FREE stuff. (Shot of tequila at 5:30, parking, a guided morning hike, etc...)

RIP OFF.

We didn't pay for the "extras" (many are included) but say something. It's just not OK that a hotel of this status makes you feel cheap--especially at $200--plus a room with a notice of an anniversary--30th.

I doubt we will get to Elite status here. I was able to active high status at the Omni much faster.

We will get to this conference because my husband likes it so much. But I think we'll stay at the Omni next time.

The property was SO huge I'd not stay here as a couple. We kept saying that we were here for our 30th. Primo went all out but the property lacked and missed it.

Room Tip: We loved the "air show" from the nearby air base but others have not been impressed (Fromm...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank welltraveled00
Chad L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Congratulations and thank you for celebrating such a momentous occasion with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a memorable personalized experience at Primo, and I am disappointed that experience did not transcend throughout the resort. Please except my apologies for not receiving clear communication about the Resort Fee amenities, as there are over $110 worth of great amenities for $25, some of which include internet, self parking, yoga class and turn down service. Thank you for sharing your experiences and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Chad Lybrook
Guest Relations Manager
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2012

JW Marriott Starr Pass is like leaving it all behind and stepping into paradise inthe desert. The staff was beyond outstanding. Everyone had a smile on their face and went above and beyond what was expected. The rooms were comfortable and sparkling clean. The 3 pools offer a nice choice to either just relax on the lazy river, to do some laps, or hang out with fellow guests and kids just enjoying the desert sun. We were there on a company sponsored trip and 2 nights ate out on the lawns. The food was fabulous especially with the stars as our backdrop. I can't say enough about how wonderful this place is. Yes it may be a bit pricey but you will definately get what you pay for and then some.

Room Tip: ask for a romm on i high floor to experience the view.
1 Thank flowerde
Delaware
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here 2 nights for my husband's conference. We arrived late and I will say it is very dark in the desert at night! The resort is very large and we had a little trouble finding the way to our room, even with a map. But the next morning, looking out of our window, we were greeted with glorious scenery! The room was very nice and upscale, but no coffeemaker, fridge, or microwave. I did see a fridge in the hall, so maybe for a fee you can get one. There's a sidewalk all around the perimeter of the property, so it's easy to get a morning walk in (a mile or so). We ate at the Signature Grill and the food was fine. Internet is free in the lobby, but not in the room. All in all, it was a beautiful property and a great location to enjoy the beauty of the Arizona desert.

1 Thank delgal
Ridgeway, VA
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed here on a business trip and must say that the staff at this hotel go above and beyond any I have experienced. These employees must be hand selected because every one of them had a fabulous attitude. Anytime one passed me in the hall, they offered help or at a minimum a greeting. Very nice.

The room was nice and the hotel features are good. Pool is very nice and there is a lazy river for the kids. The food I ate was from the conference and was good.

The exercise room was fully loaded with TV's (headsets provided) at each station. They also had water and apples in the exercise room.

One of the other things that was nice was that everywhere there was free water that had been infused with some kind of fruit. I am an avid water drinker so appreciated this very much!

The resort is pricey if paying street rates but is a great place for relaxation.

1 Thank cwheelh1
Chad L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

WOW! We sincerely appreciate that you were able to highlight your experience and especially the recognition of our engaging associates during your visit. We are delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of the many amenities that are offered throughout the property. Thank you for your time and sharing your experience.

Chad Lybrook