“Great food and very pleasant staff”

Taqueria En Pueblito
Ranked #489 of 2,162 Restaurants in Tucson
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I was here recently, for lunch, with my wife and son. We each got a burrito. My wife had a chile relleno burrito and my son and I both got zacatecas burritos. The zacatecas burritos were very flavorful, with lots of perfectly cooked grilled onions and tender generous portions of succulent carne asada. No hard bits or gristle to be found. My wife enjoyed her chile relleno burrito as well. The burritos were standard Tucson size (massive) and the price point was reasonable.
The lady taking the order was very pleasant and efficient which makes for a plesant start to the meal. We took our food to go and will be back to sample more of their tasty menu.
This restaurant, Taqueria El Pueblito is actually on the corner of Fort Lowell and Campbell streets located in a shopping plaza.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Happened in this spot for breakfast and was really impressed by the quality of the food. The breakfast burrito, (which was really 3 breakfasts in one), was freshly made with excellent smoky bacon and crispy potatoes. Also had chilaquiles in an excellent green chile sauce.

Very hospitable service, too!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

This place does not disappoint. The food is consistently excellent. There are a couple of favorites. Their carnitas (pork) are excellent with just the right amount of char for a little crispy bite. Their pork pastor is also one of my favorites. Their portion sizes are good value and their salsa bar is always fresh. On weekends, they serve menudo of the white variety and it is fresh and very good. Nice family run operation. This week I had my first enchilada. The sauce was killer. You could taste the homemade flavor. You can bring in wine for a corkage.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Started off our first day in Tucson with sunshine, blue sky and a bacon egg burrito at El Pueblito. The burrito was huge. If you are from the north, about the size of the ones at Chipotle. All the little Mexican restaurants here have a salsa/ condiment bars and you can get a variety of sauces. The Salsa Verde was an excellent choice on this burrito. The burrito was delicious and to say the least we didn't need to eat anything until evening. The restaurant looks dark from the outside but you open the door to a cute Mexican diner atmosphere. There are some tables outside for alfresco dining and they will bring you food out to you if you are not inside to hear your Name. We will definitely return on our next visit.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

This place is actually at 1800 E Ft Lowell at the southwest corner of Ft. Lowell and Campbell next to Baggins. The food here is excellent. I have had great tacos and the shredded beef may be the best $2 taco in town. The carnitas are excellent. The chile relleno is one of my favorites. Nice people. Very reasonable prices for the quality of the food. Most authentic food without having to drive to South Tucson.