“Very good and reasonably healthy food”
Review of La Cocina

La Cocina
Ranked #33 of 2,162 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 13
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Presidio
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We stopped here in the center of Tucson at this eclectic restaurant. It's a pleasant place to linger out of doors at tables around a mining car fountain. I had a burrito stuffed with beans, rice, veggies and seasoned tofu with both red and green chile sauce. My wife had a chile relleno that was not the usual greasy mess. She said it was good. Service is very good and friendly. It's a good place for a vegetarian.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

La Cocina restaurant & bar is a great place to eat, hang out on the patio & listen to live music. The grapefruit margarita was delicious, as well as the green Chile stew. The service was excellent & they were so welcoming to our dog Sophie too:) I really enjoyed this place & hope to come back again the next time I find myself in Tucson.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I weren’t sure what we were getting as we dropped into Tucson late on a Friday night and Yelped a place close to our hotel... we were more than pleasantly surprised with La Cocina... great ambience in an artist co-op space. It feels as if you’re sitting in a friend’s backyard. Bonus - there was live bluegrass! All of the servers are funky ladies with their own individual style, über cool demeanors and warm personalities. We started with the Tofu Rice Paper Rolls and they were unbelievably fresh tasting and the peanut sauce to accompany was different than your usual peanut sauce fare, and they executed well! My husband had the Chile Relleno and which was very different - I think it was fried in some sort of cornmeal crust which sounds strange but let me tell you - it was killer! I had the Cobb Salad and the bacon was cooked ridiculously well and everything was super fresh. Great locale - seemed like a lot of dates and small groups were there, whilst still maintaining a casual air. Vibrant little place with a happening feel!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We were there for a group reception dinner and I so enjoyed it! We were served a Mexican buffet and yummy beverages (I recommend the classic margarita, on the rocks). The staff there is great. We also had a chance to meet the owner and shopkeepers and they were all so lovely, cool and welcoming.

La Cocina offers a lovely courtyard space surrounded by interesting art galleries, antique shops, etc. "Old Paint Records" was my favorite store- I loaded up on stickers, buttons and purchased my new favorite t-shirt there-- though they also have a good selection of record albums and comic books.

What a great place, smack dab in the heart of Tucson.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

This place has a wonderful patio with a cool water feature inhabited by some cute little red-eared slider turtles. The food was really fresh and tasted great. Highly recommend as a place to relax with friends and enjoy a drink from the bar.

Been to La Cocina? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK