“Good Inexpensive Mexican”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: West University
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I was last here 10 years ago and decided to stop by during a recent trip. Things have not changed much. It looks very similar and has not changed much.

The food is as I remembered. Mexican comfort food. The guacamole was fresh and nott too spicy. I had the vegetarian combination plate which was quite a value. The sauce was good. The rice and beans flavorful. All in all, a nice Mexican meal. And the ice tea was very refreshing.

This is a great no frills Mexican joint.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious lunch on a Saturday. The waitress was fabulous, such personality. The chips and salsa are some of the best in Tucson. The Indian taco was freshly prepared and delicious. The flat enchiladas were perfectly made. We also tried the potato tacos, again, perfect. I've gone to this restaurant since the late 80's and will continue to do so. Much better than chain restaurants.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Authentic food with some interesting choices on the menu. The place is small, and when we visited, it seemed short staffed. Our server was attentive, but we had to wait for the check. However, the food was delicious, and I would definitely return.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

There are Mexican restaurants galore in Tucson, and La Indita is one of the best. Unpretentious, reasonably priced, and good people doing good work in the community. Try the non-fried Indian Taco and the Chicken Mole. Yumalicious!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We loved the good a few years back when visiting Tucson, so we put it in our list to dine here again. Casual restaurant close to campus. Food is so fresh! Salsa and guacamole were delicious, as were the chips that accompanied them. Good beer selection to go with the food. I had a tamale and chili relleno, both of which were amazing. Kids each had quesadilla with rice and they raved about it. My husband had a dinner platter with a taco, tamale, and enchilada, which was also served with beans and rice. Delicious! Friendly staff too! We left there more than satisfied and this place was easy on the wallet as well. We will visit this restaurant every time we are in Tucson!

Been to La Indita? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK