“A little Greek in me”

Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West University
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Wife and I had delicious plates. They have all Greek beer and wines. The kebab plate was good but ask for crispy meat, if you like it that way. Will visit again.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We enjoyed an excellent meal at Athens on Fourth Avenue, which has been here since 1993. Everything was perfect - presentation, delicious food, and an attentive server. Our server seated us away from a large group since we were having our own anniversary dinner. He brought several selections of medium red wine so we could pick one we loved. We enjoyed an appetizer - Tiri saganaki - complete with flaming brandy. The Fresh Fish of the Day was a wonderful Cabrilla (Mexican Sea Bass) w/ delicious green beans substituted for rice/potato. We also had Souvlaki lamb skewers with rice and green beans. This was a beautiful platter with great seasonings. For dessert we shared homemade rice pudding which was the perfect finish. For a relaxing lovely evening and delicious Greek food, head to Athens on Fourth !

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The Greek Salad with large, fresh Feta cubes from Greece surprised us. Generous servings. We both ordered the Gyros and we split a Greek Salad. It was enough to allow us to savor the authentic flavors and enjoy the skillful preparation of our meal. Linen tablecloths created a romantic mood. I peeked around the corner into a large dining area which held many more customers. The restaurant was much bigger than we thought. We had selected a cozy table near the entrance by the windows when we arrived. We were not in a hurry. Just enjoying our time together in a new city. I believe our server was a family member. She was friendly and knowledgeable about the restaurant and the menu. We arrived on a Monday early so the restaurant was pretty quiet. I loved the food!

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Great Greek food! Had a superb lunch - Greek salad, Greek salad & avgolemono soup, gyro sandwich and special filo with stuffed lemon curd filling...totally awesome! Shared some of my gyro meat for others Greek salad which was an especially wonderful combination.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

I have frequented this restaurant on several occasions. The food is always delicious! I especially enjoy the Roasted Peppers as an appetizer. During my last two visits, I noticed the restaurant has not had as many patrons as it has had in the past. But that is not do to lesser quality of the food. Perhaps it is due to the fact that many new restaurants have opened up in the past couple years as downtown Tucson has been refurbished. So if you want exceptional Greek food this is the place. Don't be discouraged by the lack of diners.

Been to Athens On 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK