“Extremely tasty Greek cuisine if you have time for a relaxing meal!”

Athens On 4th Avenue
Ranked #115 of 2,232 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West University
Reviewed 14 April 2018

The food here is amazing. The blends of flavors are a satisfying experience for the palate, and the atmosphere is quite pleasant. Service was a bit slow, but it provided for a casual relaxing meal and the food was definitely worth the wait.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

The food is Greek influenced and is not bad at all. I've had some good meals here. Service tends to be on the slow side but it is acceptable.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 25 March 2018

On business trips from Silicon Valley I used to have lunch or dinner here with customers. I don't remember having had a meal that wasn't great. Now that I live here, trying their baklava was a must. Made on the premises I received a big serving that was so delicious. Also tried one of their lite white wines, which was very nice.

This is a restaurant that I plan on frequent many times in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

This is not a Greek-American restaurant. It is not a Greek-Southwestern restaurant. It is not even a Greek-Middle-Eastern restaurant. It is all Greek, with the rich and complex flavors of that country, made the traditional way with no shortcuts. That’s not easy, because it is home style cooking that is a lot of work and it has to be served fresh.

Let me qualify myself. Three of my grandparents were born in Greece and came to this country in the twenties as teenagers. I grew up with this food and I have tried it in Greek restaurants from New York to Athens and the Greek Islands. The food at Athens on 4th is so good it brought tears to my eyes, remembering Yaya’s table.

The ingredients are the finest and authentic. The feta cheese is sublime and makes the best spanakopita I have ever had (sorry Mom). My friends and their cows in Wisconsin make a nice product they call feta, but Greek feta is 70% sheep’s milk and up to 30% goat’s milk by law. The best is all sheep’s and the one they serve here is the best I have had since I was in Greece, maybe better.

The wine list is all Greek wines and they have a white made in Santorini that I haven’t found outside of Greece. I don’t know how they bring all these wonderful things together, but I am certainly grateful.

The staff is also wonderful. It was a very busy street fair afternoon, but they took the time to explain the cuisine to their uninitiated guests and made sure each of them got something within their taste.

That was just for lunch; I can’t wait to return for dinner. Our server explained that the owner wanted the place authentic Greek and does much of the cooking. I say Bravo!... I mean Opa!

1  Thank Dancingspirit9
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at Athens On 4th in Tucson. We started with a lentil soup and salad to share. The soup was amazing. I love lentil soup, and this one tasted just like the one my grandmother made. I ordered Dolmathes. They were cooked to perfection, and the leaves were not stringy. My husband ordered the pork tenderloin. The meat was so tender and tasty. No knife needed. Both meals were accompanied by fresh green beans and rice. We can't wait to return to this restaurant and try more of their wonderful dishes.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Faith D

Been to Athens On 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK