“Great place for lunch. ”

Athens On 4th Avenue
Ranked #120 of 2,136 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West University
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I love this place. It is quiet, comfortable, and the food is always good. Great place if you like Greek food. I’ve only been there for lunch but would love to try it for dinner.

1  Thank SpikeB

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Delicious and large portions for lunch. We stumbled upon Athens while visiting 4th Ave on our girls' trip. Friendly staff and Mediterranean decor. Would love to have time to go back for dinner!

1  Thank jmweb1026
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We went here on a Friday night prior to going out for drinks. It represents a good alternative to the bar and grill food of most places on 4th Ave.

Prices were above average for the venue but not ridiculous. The room we were in was hot when we got there. I mentioned this to the waiter and he turned on the A/C immediately. I think the heavy set guy across the room appreciated it because I saw him dabbing his forehead with a napkin :)

The service was excellent. Our waiter was very polite, respectful and responsive.

My buddy and I both had the lamb shank after reviewing the menu. It was listed as one of the house specialties. They also offered a fairly wide ranging menu with fresh fish, grilled octopus, salads, etc.

we weren't overwhelmed with the flavor of the dish but the meat was very tender and came with a side of pasta and homemade green beans. The small Greek dinner salad I had was fresh with a nice house dressing. They also had a good selection of Greek wines.

I would go back to this establishment again and try the seafood next trip. Overall, it wasn't the best Greek restaurant I have ever been to but I would recommend and it provides a nice alternative to the food in that area.

1  Thank aBuck68
Reviewed 4 November 2017

I ordered the lentil soup and Greek salad lunch special for %6.50. I got a decent sized bowl of delicious lentil soup and a big plate of Greek salad replete with kalamata olives, feta and tomatoes. I then ordered the Greek custard in a filo pastry dough for dessert. What a meal. The service was pleasant and accommodating too. The waitress kindly killed a fly that had gotten inside somehow and was being too friendly.. I'd definitely go back next time I'm in Tucson.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Stopped in for an afternoon snack. What a great surprise. Good selection, and quality. The service was great and the waitress was very helpful. A visit by the owner was a surprise and interesting. Will need to return to compare with Chicago Greek Town restaurants. We will be back to our favorite side of town.

1  Thank wally l

Been to Athens On 4th Avenue? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK