“Lunch with my Honey”
Review of Applebee's - CLOSED

Applebee's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We stoped in for lunch at the Broadway location. It was busy. We were seated right away. The hostess was pleasant. They have changed their menu options. All great choices. Something for everyone's tastebuds. I ordered the Oriental Chicken Salad and my wife a chicken plate. It was all prepared excellently. Very very tasty. Their dressing is absolutely wonderful. They ought to bottle it and sell it. The service was outstanding. We have dined at another Tucson location and this place beats that location hands down. We highly recommend this location. It is situated next to a mall plaza. Enjoy.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I went with my dad and two teenage boys and we were all very satisfied with our meals, so I'd say it appeals to all ages.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Trying to decide on a place to eat after another restaurant fell through and decided on Applebee's. Service was quick. I had the Smokin' Double Steak and Eggs. The steaks where cooked to perfection and It had a bacon jam that was to die for. Definitely worth the stop. Even my picky kids found something on the menu they loved. And my wife went on and on about the Three-Cheese Chicken Cavatappi.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Not sure I can call what I had food. I don't believe the shrimp in the shrimp appetizer is real. It had no taste. Under the breading it was white with no pink. It looked like it was formed, maybe from fish? The steak was strange. It had no grain and was rubbery in texture. I looked this up on the internet when I got home and there is a process for creating a fake steak from pieces of meat that is processed with an enzyme called transglutaminase. The enzyme binds the meat together and then it can be shaped into whatever type of steak you like. I am not saying this is what the restaurant is doing but whatever the 'steak' I had was, it did not seem real and I stopped eating after a couple of bites. I have never had this experience at any restaurant before. This tied for the worst restaurant meal I have ever had (the other was at a Chinese restaurant in Main.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

We decided to stop for Dinner after a long day of medical appointments. We order off of their special 2 for one price. I order the wood fire steak and requested a back potato. It was after 4 pm. The waiter stated he would check and see if their ready. The menu stated they are after 4 pm. Waiter advised won't be ready for some time do to only 2 people working the kitchen. I was a bit disappointed to say the least. I ordered the garlic mashed potatoes. The dinners arrived approximately 17 minutes after ordering. The steak was tough and no real flavor. The potato's were not good at all. My wife's food was not good either. Our overall experience was all that great. The waiter was excellent. Eat at your own risk.