“Still a good budget choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Lazy 8 Motel
Ranked #107 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Still a good budget choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2008

I re-read my review from a couple years ago - and it still stands. We stay in this place every time we are on our way north in Arizona. It's advertised as the "cleanest budget motel" and it definitely is. For the price - about $50 during the week, it is exceptionally clean. It's off the interstate exit in a part of town where there is little else - except a few motels and a steakhouse. The steakhouse that borders this motel provides an excellent meal also - we had grilled steak, cowboy beans, baked potatoes and salad bar for about $15 each. The sheets were clean, there were plenty of towels, and there was a nice breakfast in the a.m. which included fruit, cereal, coffee, bagels, toast.. There was also a coin laundry where we washed a couple days worth of stuff so we didn't have to pack so much. Can't beat it for the price.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank Sue G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2007

All brand name hotels in Tucson were booked because of some major event, so I ended up in this one. They are what they claim-- a really
clean budget hotel. The room was small, the TV was small, and the bathroom was so small and spartan it made me chuckle. But everything was clean and well-maintained, the bed was thin but highly acceptable, the staff was professional and polite, and my stay was quiet and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2007
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Triptaker365
Columbus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2006

I saw their ad in the AAA book and only needed a room for myself for one night (I was passing through Tucson), so I thought 'what the heck.' Have you ever been to a place where you get a weird feeling just walking through the door? That's what I experienced here. It's not a 'bad' place per se...but as I said, it just had that 'ick' factor as soon as I opened the door. A one-night place for a good price when all you need is a bed and a shower? You betcha. But I would never consider staying here any longer than that.

• Stayed December 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LMHinCMH
Seattle, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2006

I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AFTER THE CUSTOMER SERVICE I RECEIVED OVER THE PHONE...

I called to make a reservation, because this place gets great reviews and advertises a $39/night rate on their website. The guest clerk took all my information and then gave me the rate...$59/night. This is more than we wanted to spend on a motel, so after securing reservations elsewhere I called back to cancel. The conversation went as follows:

Me: "Hello, I'd like to cancel my reservation"
Her: "Ok, thanks, goodbye." Click.

She hung up on me!

When I called back, she said yes, you are cancelled and your confirmation number is the same as your other number. Then she said, "Now, you are wasting my time. Goodbye" and hung up on me again!

So I called back to talk to a manager. She said, "I am the manager. Now quit calling me. You are cancelled. Goodbye!"

I plan to call back at another time and talk to someone else, but I couldn't believe how rude this person was to me!

Would you ever stay somewhere where the employees are allowed to A) Talk to customers this way and B) Allowed to tell you your cancellation is complete, when they haven't even received your name?

NO WAY!

• Stayed March 2006
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank seattlecutiepie
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2005

They advertise as the cleanest budget motel in Tucson. I can't compare but I can say that the room was very clean as all parts of the motel were including the laundry room for guest use. The breakfast includes bagels, donuts, fruit, cereal, milk, coffee and juice which hit the spot.

The motel is right on the freeway so it is a bit noisy.

Another plus is the free wireless internet in their lobby.

If you stay there, try the Silver Saddle steak house right next door. They had good food and were always busy.

• Stayed February 2005