“Central location”

Varsity Clubs Of America - Tucson
Ranked #54 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Close to downtown. Good gym and BBQ facilities. Free wifi in room. Kitchen cooking area small. Furniture dated but bed comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Queenbrenda
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Varsity Clubs Of America - Tucson

Reviewed 9 November 2011

The staff - AMAZING! I went in a little hesitant because of ONE comment, but my goodness did they prove that lady wrong on that one! They were so polite asked if I needed assistance taking things to my room (traveling alone for work and had been driving for 3 days!) I was shocked by how much they really care about each guest. I had someone in checking in right behind me and the nice girl at the desk was able to give each of us attention and check us in quick and answered each of our questions along with great directions for dinner!! Her name is Amanda, always smiling and always willing to help! When I got to my suite I was floored! Booking through Expedia.com I was sure I was going to be getting Travel Lodge (standard one bed in room and tv) but I had a FULL size fridge, a two top stove burner, no oven but that's okay I called to the desk and they delivered a George Foreman toaster oven! Complete with dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, the whole nine yards! It was like my own little apartment! If you are ever in Tucson try to get in here you will love the service and respect you will get from the staff! I had a studio, so ask for 104 faces the street but the quieter side and it's great!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Salestoofast
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My husband and I were very please with our stay! Ask for room 327!

Room Tip: Any one of the desk clerks are really nice, as long as they are not full they will do anything they...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank TravelingPants86
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I made the reservation well in advance. Called to make sure that my medical needs were going to be met. Clerk said yes. Arrived and when I got into the room they sure were not met. when I called the desk they said to come up and it will be fixed. HA not even. I devuldged what my reasoning was and both clerks smerked at me like it was funny. Is it really a laughing matter when I fall and need medical attention? By the way who will be paying the medical bill when my needs are clearly on my booking sheet !? Oh and not to mention that no matter the amount of odor spray one uses you can still feel the dirt and grime. And no reviews mentioned the poor location. Gang tagging, not safe to walk. The noise from all the traffic. and the outdated television. Come on a travel lodge is much better.

Room Tip: Dont book here. view the room before signing anything. There is an $800 dollar hold on my card and...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TammyRenaud
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Booked on priceline for a great rate. Very nice hotel. Very clean place. Nice kitchen with full size refer, coffee maker, blender, pots & pans, two burner stove, full size microwave, and some of the rooms have a George Foreman toaster oven or just a toaster. The room has a bedroom with king size bed(very comfortable with big fluffy pillows), a living room with sleeper sofa and DVD player. The bathroom has a nice sink with seperate enclosed toilet and shower/whirlpool tub. Very queit. Felt like a five star resort.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business