“A fine place to stay”

TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We were here for a convention and got good convention/group rates. The place was easily located to I-10 . The rooms are convenient to get to. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very good each morning. I chose this one just because it has a free breakfast, unlike some Marriotts like Courtyards.
They have nice amenities like computer room and wifi, lobby TV with Wii available free, swimming pool outside only, and inside work-out machines with TV available.
Outstanding to me is that it was very quite as though it were soundproofed. I mean, despite the heavy doors which closed loudly, I barely ever heard any noise like usual from the hallway, or next door to us on either side. Even the bathroom had quite flushing toilet and shower head and the light/fan could not be heard through the door to the bed area.
The rooms have almost full kitchen, minus an oven. I was disapponted to find no oven, when I brought lasagna for dinner but had no oven to cook it. That was okay, I just saw no indication that there was no oven in a kitchen, just a cook top and microwave oven. Dish and silverware and glassware supplies were minimal, so you might bring your own just in case.
All in all, we like the place and would use it again sometime.

Room Tip: ask for what you want, they are accommodating.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 December 2010

Overall, I felt this hotel was a great value for the price. The cleanliness was outstanding! The bathroom was spacious and shower curtain rod curved to prevent the curtain from getting in the way while you're trying to take a shower. It has a kitchenette. Although I didn't use it (didn't stay there long enough to use it), it had everything that is needed: refridgerator/freezer (with ice and ice maker!), stove, microwave, dishwasher and included detergent, utensils, plates, glasses, pot/pans. The sofa bed folded out nicely and there was just enough room for myself and my two girls. The continental breakfast was decent, nothing to write home to but very convenient and free! I thought it was interesting that there was a tip jar in the breakfast area, though. There was extreme ease of checking in and out and the location was easy to find. The reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is the wireless internet wasn't working and I didn't have time to mess around with it. And the t.v. choices weren't too great, no availability to purchase movies. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Jettsta
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I had a nice stay at this Towneplace Suites. The rooms are new and spacious. The kitchenette is useful since I was here for 10 days. Overall, it was a very comfortable stay. The breakfast was pretty good. The pool area was nice, and the outdoor fireplace area is a nice touch. The staff was friendly, and the housekeeping quite thorough. I had some noise issues from the vent the first night there, and I let the front desk know the next morning. They immediately sent someone to take a look at the vent and he pulled out a piece of cardboard that was rattling every time the AC turned on. After he took out the piece of cardboard it was quiet and I was able to get some sleep the next 9 nights.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank CaitlinK
Reviewed 5 February 2010

I stayed here just for one night prior to my flight out of the Tucson Airport. The location was perfect. Check in/out was very easy. We did not arrive until 11pm the night prior and slept in the following morning, so I did not take advantage of the breakfast or the food market they have onsite.

The room itselft is no bigger than an average hotel room. The small kitchen is a nice added touch for those with longer stays. The hotel is just 7 months old. The room was very clean EXCEPT the bathroom. And it was only behind the bathroom door -- hair all over the floor (and it wasn't ours!) That is the only complaint to the cleaniness of the place. The room itself wa fine.

There was only 2 of us and I found it to be on the smaller side for any stay more than 2 nights. We stayed at the Residence Inn across the street for 4 nights and found that much roomer for 2 people. The bathroom layout had the sink int the bathroom and made it harder to get ready in the morning. A better set up would be having the sinks outside so one can be getting ready while the other one showers, etc.

The offered free internet and parking which is always a plus. The staff was very nice. I would recommend this to business men/women who need the facilites of the kitchen for a longer stay (better if traveling alone since the room is on the smaller side) and for those who want to be by the airport.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I stayed here for about 8 hours before a early morning flight. Nothing to write home about but a cheap new airport hotel with a free shuttle service. I will always stay here when flying out of Tucson. The rooms were very clean and brand new.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends