“Great Value”

Ranked #66 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Mt. Pleasant, Tx.
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I try to stay in Choice Hotel properties that are pet friendly (although most charge extra, unlike LaQuinta) and this one was out of the way, being a couple of miles off I-10, but it was worth the drive. The desk person gave us an even lower rate than we had been quoted on line, and our third floor room was great. Morning meal was the usual, but was good. Excellent staff that kept inquiring about our comfort. Would probably have given excellent rating, but ice machine was broken.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Yvonne M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Having read the reviews about upper floor rooms being changed an extra fee upon check-in I was expecting some hassle to get my request for an upper floor room to be honored at the rate I booked. I was assigned an upper floor room straight away - maybe because I am a Choice Privileges member?

This is an airport hotel, and in that respect it's fine - and it was right across from Thrifty car rental, so returning a car early in the morning took all of about 2 minutes door to door.....! It is a fairly hefty drive to downtown, and one things about Tucson is that it can be slow to drive further into the city if you've the evening free prior to flying the next day. I certainly wouldn't consider staying out by the airport in Tucson for any reason other than to fly out the next day. Stay near where you want to go - as I said, I found Tucson a sprawling city, slow to drive across because of traffic lights, construction, and lack of interstates except central corridor north-south.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank offbeatopenhats
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

very nice place to stay, was well worth the money. room was very clean, breakfast nice, and staff nice and helpful. thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank madbomber06
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We traveled to Tucson to halp pack up my daughter for their move from Tucson to Phoenix. Staying at an Airport Hotel can sometimes be noisey but I can say that I never heard an airplane. From check-in to check-out the service was 5 Star! Greated with a warm welcome and helpful the entire stay. Our room on the 3rd floor was spotless and looked brand new! Bathroom with granite countertop was beautiful. Our room had a medium size refridgerator and a microwave! The breakfast was amazing. make your own waffles were very delisiouse. The best coffee on the planet. My understanding it is under new management and they are doing an amazing job. The General Manager, Dan, and his staff were helpful to all the guests. The entire hotel is spotless and our air conditioning was ice cold and quiet. It was 108 degrees outside. They also have a beautiful pool and hot tub and a workout room. What more can you ask for. I will definitly stay there again. We still have relative that live in Tucson and drive down all the timme. A Big Thank you from Georgette "GG" George

Room Tip: 3rd floor seem to be very very quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Quinnschoice
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed here using our Choice Privileges points. We had reserved a room for two nights using points and we were going to pay for our 3rd night. Our plans had changed and we only needed to stay one night. He had us call the 800 # to talk to the Choice Privileges people so that we wouldn't get charged the points for two nights. I didn't catch his name but both he and the other employee, Julio Munoz, were very helpful and couldn't be friendlier or nicer. We had a nice comfortable room and a good breakfast. It was very near the airport but it didn't keep us awake. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple