“Nice hotel, Bad Location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Nice hotel, Bad Location”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The guys in the warehouse behind the property go to work promptly at 5:30 in the morning. I awoke to the sounds of back-up sirens, hydrolic lifts and trucks reving their engines hours before the sun was up. It's a nice and new property with a good staff. The gym consists of a treadmill, eliptical machine and a set of weight cables. Nice running track along a dried river bed adjacent to the property. All in all, its a great place to stay if you plan on getting up early the next morning.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the front side of the hotel during the work week.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Vidal Junction, California, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Very nice hotel and freeway close, and quiet. About 20 minutes from Old Tucson Movie Studios.

Room Tip: East side is the best. West side if you want to sleep late.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
atlanta
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Just completed a 6 night stay at this Holiday Inn Express for business. The hotel is like new and nice. My only complaint was my room was on the pool side of the hotel and since I was there summer months kids were in the pool screaming and playing up until late hours of the night. There is a sign that states the pool closes at 10pm but this is not enforced.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank wooldric
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We booked this hotel based on trip advisors reviews and we were not disappointed. We asked for a room away from the bakery :-) Our room (2 Queens) was clean, had a microwave and fridge. The breakfast room was big with enough tables and the breakfast had the usual choice like yoghurts, cereal etc. The pool looked nice and clean. In the afternoon they served freshly baked cookies. We did not hear the train and had 3 nights of good sleep. The free WiFi worked just fine too. Next time we are in Tucson we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: we had room to the front
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I've been working in Tucson from out of town and staying at this hotel for the past 6 weeks. The first night I was there I gave them my personal debit card to hold the room as it was after hours (big mistake). The next morning my boss called hotel and gave my company credit card info for payment. A few days later they made a charge to my personal credit card. As I know mistakes happen, I was not angry and I brought it to the attention of the hotel manager and he apologized and credited the amount back, although it took 5 days to get the money back in my account. He also assured me that he would take my personal debit card out of their system so that this would not happen again. A week later, they charged my personal credit card again. Again, took 5 days to get my money back and manager said he would remove my personal card into. Several weeks went by with no problems. Again last night, my personal debit card was charged, but this time for almost $700 dollars. Now I am irate. Best part is, since this time they stole my money on a Friday night, I have to wait until Monday morning to talk to anyone who is "authorized" to credit the amount back. I tried to call Holiday Inn Corporate for assistance and was told that since this is an independently owned location, there is nothing they can do. For the icing on the cake, the last time I spoke with the manager on the phone about this, he started laughing as he was telling me there was nothing he could do and nobody else he could talk to. I guess he thinks it's funny to anger someone who has given them their business for over a month and who works for a company who regularly patronizes this hotel for employees working in the Tucson area. I guess the only way to prevent this from happening again is to switch hotels, which will happen on Monday. I'll make sure my employer knows to never use this hotel again, not like there are not dozens of other choices in the area. This hotel is decent otherwise, but unfortunately being fairly clean and having nice rooms does not make up for them stealing my money. Please do yourself a favor and choose a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business