White Stallion Ranch
US$ 111
US$ 108
US$ 169
US$ 161
TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
US$ 83
US$ 140
US$ 112
Hotels.com
US$ 140
US$ 133
US$ 179
All reviewsfast ridespetting zoobarrel racingevening entertainmentmountain ridesslow ridecattle penninggames roomriding abilitiesholiday of a lifetimeair hockeyline dancingan experienced riderart classnon ridershonor barother guests
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This was our second trip to the ranch and this time we went for a fortnight. It's still not enough! Everyone was as friendly as ever. Most of the office and catering staff were still the same and it was like meeting up with old friends. (Being both professional and friendly is an art and they manage it beautifully)
There were many new wranglers this year and they were all brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble. If you're relatively new to western riding take a couple of lessons. It helps with your confidence and it's a fun way to bond with your horse. (Thank you Charlotte, your lesson was fab).
There are no tea/coffee making facilities in your room but hot and cold drinks are available 24hrs in the dining room. (it's great to watch the sun rise with a cup of their delicious coffee)
Take a look round the petting zoo.For a few cents you can buy some feed and the animals are very gentle. Great for kids. (Even the big ones)
If you're there long enough take a trip to Tombstone.(The office can arrange car hire and went out of their way to get us a car for 7 people). It was a great day out! We got carried away and got back too late for dinner but on our return they found us something to eat.
I have tried to be more practical in this review but it was still the most wonderful time I've had.So much so we've booked for this year.
Thank you to all the wonderful people at WSR (Staff and Guests) but mostly to the wonderful patient, honest, hardworking horses who make it so special.
Dawn and Dave.
p.s. Jeeves you are a true star

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2012

WS wranglers and staff were exceptional during our cowgirl week. I felt very safe and satisfied riding and for all those that returned this year, that was no surprise. My deluxe double, with patio was really comfortable, the location in Tucson could not be better to enjoy the beautiful mountains. Food was always consistently good and they offered several choices. Rates were appropriate for a very clean and well kept resort atmosphere. The True family are great hosts, very well done. I especially liked the time Russell took explaining ranch history and important details of the rodeo for guests. All a nice surprise for me as a first timer. Would reccomend highly for a personal retreat in the arizona sun. Lots to do.

Room Tip: All rooms have nice views and access to amenities.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tmsainato
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My family and I just spent an awesome fun filled weekend at White Stallion Ranch. While a few of my family members had been there before, this was my first time. And, I now I want to say, it was my first of many times to this place! Coming from the fast paced LA lifestyle, I was not sure what to expect coming here despite the rave reviews. My experience was absolutely fantastic!!! You find yourself in a very peaceful place that serves as a reminder of how beautiful nature and life really is. Everyone here was so accommodating, friendly, hospitable, and warm. I could not believe how many people it takes to run this ranch, but every single one seems to truly love it. and, it's not hard to see why. After just a few days here, it was so easy to fall in love with the atmosphere, the people, and obviously, the horses. Loved the lessons and the multiple rides with the wranglers. i highly recommend coming here for a relaxing, welcoming, and friendly vacation that is great for families, friends, or even to get away by yourself. The True Family and the entire staff are amazing hosts and leave me wanting to return for many more visits! Thanks White Stallion for such a great time!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I can quote every single word has been said in previous reviews.
White stallion ranch is such a great place from all the points of view.
The location is great: just 30 minutes from Tucson, but hidden beyond mountains, so it seems to be secluded and wild.
The staff is super-great: everyone knew our name just a few seconds after we step in. The True family and the wranglers are always there for you.
The horses and the riding are, of course, beyond expectations. If you wish, you can ride in the morning and in the afternoon, up to 5-6 hours a day. There's slow rides, mountain rides, and of course fats rides!

If it wasn't for internation airfare, this will be our Xmas vacation every year!

Room Tip: We had an economy double near the horses and we simply loved to whatch them in the early morning
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This was our first trip to WSR, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the experience. This was also our first try at a dude ranch. We chose the ranch based on the reviews but weren't really sure what to expect. The True family, staff, and wranglers went beyond our expectations. The food was fantastic and plentiful, and the evening entertainment was great. The focus, of course, was on the horses and we definitely did a lot of riding. We are inexperienced but with the aid of a lesson (highly recommended if you don't know what you're doing - you'll enjoy yourself more once you do!) we were riding around the beautiful ranch all week. We met lots of wonderful people there, and the setting encourages camaraderie.

Room Tip: We slept 2 adults and 2 kids in a deluxe double because a larger room was not available. Turns out to be a great choice; we spent so little time in our room because there was so much to do, and saved some money as well!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family