“Hold your next event here!”

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This month we held a lunch and dinner workshop in their Palm Room - the service and accomodations, from driving up to Valet through saying good bye, impressed us. It's as if all employees took a course on Loving your Job and Those who request your Services! All of our guests enjoyed the meals, we have nothing negative to say about this experience and look forward to holding another event there soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Valeri G
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

We are so glad to hear that your event was successful! We take pride in our service, and the staff will be happy to hear your comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Be Well!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

This is an older resort hotel in North Tucson. Stayed one night due to business in Tucson but met my wife and kids for the night. The rooms were larger than usual and beds very comfortable. Bathroom was a little larger than usual. The pool was nice but was very cold, even in May, could probably have been heated to make a better experience. We loved sitting by the pool and soaking in the sun. That was very therapeutic. The ice cold fruit flavored water by the pool was a nice touch. The hotel is unpretentious at check in, no grand entrance and exterior of the resort is unpretentious as well with desert landscape. It had some small walks/hikes in the vicinity and took on a more romantic feel in the evening. Breakfast was very good and the view over Tucson better. The exterior is becoming a little dated and will be difficult to update without spending a lot. Staff was generally helpful but the telescope not working was a little irksome as the stars at night are a big draw. Overall I recommend if you can find a good deal online.

Room Tip: We had a casita room by the pool which was very convenient.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank showlowdoc
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your comments, and for being our guest! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Be well!

Reviewed 16 June 2012

This place truly recentered me. It is a tad bit rustic for those people who prefer new and exorbitant hotels. It was surrounded by nature and felt old. Clean and well kept I felt like the place was there first for the animals and then for me. I totally enjoyed early morning walks around the property and a meditative stroll in the labrynth each morning. so many birds singing and knowlegable, caring staff made mornings my favorite time. The food was wonderful and sunsets at the pool made this place a true mountain surrounded oasis in the mystical desert. I did see a roach in a conference room that was bigger than any roach I had seen but even this would not detour me from coming back as many times as I get a chance.

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room. The pool might get noisy but if action is what your after, the pool...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank slangha
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for being our guest. We take pride in how we integrate into our natural surroundings, and we are happy that you enjoyed the details. We look forward to having you as our guest real soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

First time stay, we do many four and five stars at Az resorts during the off season (cheaper rates) and our stay at this facility exceeded our expectations. Went horseback riding, ate in the Gold Room ( top of the line...I loved the prickly pear sweet butter!) massage at the spa, strolled through the chef's garden, went swimming a lot, came home fully recharged and relaxed!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryal
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your comments! We are glad to hear that you had a great time during your stay with us. It sounds like you had time to experience some of the great things Westward Look has to offer during your stay. We hope that you will visit us again the next time you need to relax and recharge.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

So I stumbled upon this resort by chance and I am so happy I did. I was able to book during a promotional price for their hotels. First of all, I will say that everyone from the front desk to housekeeping was very nice and willing to help. The first night we were upgraded to the Stargazer Suite since there was a convention going on, I was definitely impressed. By the time we arrived to the room, someone was already filling our hot tub without us having to ask. The beds were so comfortable, the bathrooms are spacious and clean and the outdoor patio area was so big. We decided to stay an extra night and ended up in a Junior King Suite which was just as great. Seeing both rooms and the resort with a full house during our stay, I must say I was pleased and not let down at any point during our stay. The pool had different items for my son to play with. They have a decent happy hour when laying by the pool as well. I really never heard any noise coming from other rooms, which is a plus, and the views were great. I know others have commented on the layout, which I do agree is spread out, but I must admit, this is one thing I do appreciate about the resort. I appreciated not having noises from people passing in halls or through walkways, etc. The front desk was also very helpful and friendly the many times I did call. Since our trip was very last minute, we didn't have shampoo/conditioner/lotion with us and did make use of what the hotel offered and were pleased. I was very pleased with everyone and the entire experience, which is why we booked our return trip the same day we got back from the resort.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Erika G
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to detail some of the features of you recent stay with us. WEe are happy to hear that you will be returning soon. We hope that we become your choice destination whenever you need to "getaway".