Tanque Verde Ranch
US$ 271
Hotels.com
US$ 167
US$ 163
TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 105
US$ 168
US$ 161
US$ 140
US$ 133
US$ 207
US$ 194
All reviewsmountain bikingkids programdog houselope ridesnature centerlope checkcottonwood grovecowboy cookoutlope testblueberry pancakesriding lessonsold homesteadkids campbreakfast ridesrincon mountainshorse rideexperienced riders
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was our first time to Tanque Verde and we will definitely return next year..The sheer beauty of the location was breathtaking . Nicholas and staff went above and beyond to make sure our every wish was fulfilled...We especially enjoyed the wonderful food....I am a well travelled grandmother but after taking my two daughters and granddaughter to this ranch would have to say this was my favourite holiday ever....

3  Thank judyjudy905
Nicholas_Gold, General Manager at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Judy
Thank you for your kind words. The entire staff is committed to going above and beyond for all our guests; I am pleased that you recognized this.
I hope to see you all again soon,

Reviewed 31 March 2012

A wonderful respite from the everyday whether you want to ride and wrangle or sit and contemplate the beautiful grounds! I have stayed twice on business (meetings in the Ranch Boardroom are the best -- wonderful setting and the best snacks, especially the housemade guacamole, chips and salsa served mid-afternoon) and have never been so relaxed while conducting business. The staff goes out of their way to help and are the friendliest folks without being obnoxiously intrusive!! Do go to the Dog House Saloon for drinks on the veranda as the sun sets over the cactus and mountains -- thirst quenching Prickly Pear Margaritas are just the thing before ambling to the cookout (such ribs and chicken!!) or dining room. There is really no reason to ever leave the property -- you will definitely want to book your next stay as you're checking out!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Provence1
Nicholas_Gold, General Manager at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you for writing this, Many people who stay here do not realize what a great venue the ranch is for business meetings, team building and retreats.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

A fantastic holiday for the whole family (with a major caveat (discussed at the end of this review)) -- the kids program keeps the children active and engaged all day, teaching them to ride and giving them the confidence to compete on horseback after only five days (even our five year old son!). Tons for the adults to do as well -- riding, hiking, mountain biking, swimming, tennis... The food is of remarkably high quality; we looked forward to all three meals and the cookouts. The staff is uniformly friendly and welcoming, particulary the kids program leaders. However, someone there is evil. Our only complaint, and it is a major one, is theft. We left our Nikon D50 camera in the game room late one evening, and by the following morning it was gone. Stupid, yes, but the ranch is reasonably remote, so it was clearly staff or a guest who stole it. Management was vaguely sympathetic but did nothing to help us find the camera. Not only did we lose the camera, but also all our pictures in its memory. Offers of rewards and calls for a police report did nothing to spur the staff to action. We were very disappointed by this tremendous blot on an otherwise very enjoyable vacation. If you do choose to visit Tanque Verde, don't count on being surrounded by honest people -- there's at least one rotten apple in that bunch!

Room Tip: Careful not to get one of the older rooms
3  Thank Harry10021

It is great to know that your family had a wonderful time but I am sad that this one thing marred your vacation. It is not that management did not care (me); it is just that I cannot go around asking my guests if they took a camera left overnight in the game room. Many people at Tanque Verde, staff and guest alike, hand in items of great value, from diamond rings to wads of cash. It is unfortunate that this happened but I hope you will return to re-fill a different memory card.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

This was my 3rd visit to Tanque Verde Ranch and we made reservations for our next visit while checking out. This is the only "outdoor" type vacation that has something for everyone in my family to do. My husband enjoys the moutain biking, teenage daughter loves riding and tennis, and son loves the conitnous action of the kids program. Knowing that everyone is entertained, lets me have a choice of joining them or going to the spa or hiking.

The food is great - possibly the best biscuits I have ever had!

Room Tip: The suites with the murphy beds are spacious for a family - room 65 has a magnificent jet/spa tub.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

I thank you for 3 and look forward to seeing you all again for 4 when we have added even more activities to the list and tried not to mess with the biscuits.
Cheers

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I recently came back from a trip to the Tanque Verde Ranch in Tucson Az. I was so impressed by the staff. From the front desk, dining room, activities and wranglers all went out of their way to make the experience enjoyable. It was a treat to see people who so enjoyed their work and put the clients first. They couldn't do enough for the guests and in today's world that is becoming rare. Along with excellent food and many activities to choose from the vacation was all I hoped it would be. Douglas Kline Chalfont, Pa

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank DouglasK4414
Nicholas_Gold, General Manager at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Douglas,
Thank you very much for recognizing the staff attitude. Although most people enjoy every day that they are here they still work hard to give our guests the "ranch" experience.
Cheers