A wonderful three day experience! I met two close college girlfriends for a long-weekend at Miraval and it was well worth the trek to Tucson. The trip started by meeting Edward at the airport who is was so welcoming and instilled this positive, cheerful feeling upon arriving in Tucson. I arrived on a Thursday which seems to be a popular transition day and so my room was not available when I arrived so I went on a tour or the property and had some lunch and then attended the anti-inflammatory diet lecture that was extremely informative. My room was finally ready at 2pm so my advice would be to wear your workout clothes on the plane or have them in your carry-on so that you can change and take advantage of some of the classes as soon as you arrive. I took several of the yoga classes and enjoyed all of them and even fell asleep during one of the classes to give you an idea of how relaxing the class was. The fitness classes were all really fun and would highly recommend CardioDrumming and Zumba. I had never Zumba'd before and was quite nervous prior to taking the class but it was really fun and what an amazing workout. Throughout the weekend I felt so relaxes even when stepping out of my comfort zone because everyone from the staff to the guests were all unbelievably friendly; you can't help feeling happy while staying here. I also didn't have any expectations going into the trip except to catch up with my girlfriends and hopefully relax and that may have helped make the experience even more amazing. I attended the Reflect and Transcend lecture with Coach Leigh and that was an incredible lecture. She is an amazing speaker and just felt the examples/stories she was sharing was completely relatable.
My spa treatments included the lavender scalp treatment, outdoor nurture massage and focus massage and each treatment was fantastic. I've been fortunate to have had some massages at some really great spas around the world and all three of the treatments here were great. Yes, the treatments were pricey but I felt they were pretty comparable to prices at other highly rated spas. The breakfast buffet was my favorite between the choice of fresh juices/smoothies and the buffet or special options. I enjoyed the lunch buffer as well and usually found myself making a very hearty salad to help get me through the day. Throughout the day I would stop over at the juice/smoothie bar and get myself a fresh juice drink or cafe latte to help me get though the day. Dinner options were also very good but more hit or miss. The great part was that you can try whatever you like and so I always found a few things on the menu that enjoyed.
My favorite part of the trip was the Equine Experience because of the things you learn about yourself just by working with the horses. Experiencing this and having the open discussion with two of my close friends was even more special and an experience that I feel brought us even closer together.
The rooms were pleasant and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. I didn't really spend much time in the room except to sleep because the weather is so beautiful and there are so many things to do I just felt it was a waste of time to spend it in the room. The resort is very quiet no matter what time of day and all you really hear are the birds chirping.
I would definitely recommend Miraval to others and would come back again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa