“The Adobe Rose is like returning home”
Review of Adobe Rose Inn

Adobe Rose Inn
Ranked #8 of 48 Tucson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Madison, Wisconsin
“The Adobe Rose is like returning home”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Located in the university area, the Adobe Rose B&B is in a prime location to visit and explore Tucson. Staying at the Adobe Rose for me is returning to my old neighborhood, now called the Sam Hughes neighborhood named after my elementary school. I have stayed at the Adobe Rose three times and in a different room each time. Each room had comfort in common, but its own western style personality. The rooms are kept extremely clean. The beds have all been confortable and along with the cooling nights aided my deep sleeps. I appreciated being able to easily connect to the internet and having a desk to do my work. I like the freedom to leave early in the morning to jog around the neighborhood sometimes out 3rd Street lined with 1920’s and 1930’s bungalows beyond Country Club and sometimes around the university and on to the 4th and 6th Avenue area. Breakfast was waiting for me upon my return including fresh fruit, tasting scones just out of the oven, and a main dish of porridge, eggs, or some other equally appetizing food. Jim and Marion were extremely accommodating hosts who did not overwhelm me with intrusiveness, but provided me with my essential needs along with whatever information or directions I needed to find my way around growing Tucson. They provided excellent suggestions for restaurants and were very willing to call ahead to make reservations. The price for the value is unbeatable. I cannot think of a better place to stay while in Tucson than the Adobe Rose.

Room Tip: Any room works well.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed here for one night while exploring the University area. This property is within walking distance to the university and close to some good restaurants and shopping. We had a wonderful room with a comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. The hosts, Jim and Marion were great...warm, thoughtful and interesting. The breakfast was totally delicious and scones outstanding. Anyone who is looking for a nice, homy place to stay in Tucson, this inn may be it!

Room Tip: We looked at several rooms. Each looked different and equally comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nina R
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Staying for 4 days at Adobe Rose Inn was an unexpected delight. The facilities had a charming South-western motif and were replant with numerous thoughtful amenities. The breakfasts were visual as well as culinary delights. Each day was a new gastronomic experience with a novel table setting. The hosts, Jim and Marion, graciously catered to everyone’s specific dietary or taste requirements. I felt like I had stayed with friends at their well-appointed home. I’ll schedule my next trip to Tucson around the availability of a room at the Adobe Rose Inn.
Barry Isenberg
Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Manhattan Beach, CA
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed here two nights while on a road trip, in the Rincon room. Bed was comfortable, loved the shower in the bathroom. Breakfasts were delicious!

Marion and Jim were lovely hosts, very accommodating of our need to leave early the second day. They packed some delicious scones for us to go, and even gave us travel mugs with coffee! If you are visiting the desert museum, be sure to ask Marion for her list of special things to see!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I came from Australia to see my son settled in for an exchange semester at the University of Arizona. He didn't need me but I needed to see where he was going to spend the next few months! I found the Adobe Rose Inn on the net and then googled earthed it to see what sort of area it was in. From my first email to Jim and Marion I knew that I would be looked after. The Inn is in a quiet area about 10 minutes walk from the University. I missed my connection to Tucson and ended up arriving at 11.30pm at night rather than lunchtime. JIm and Marion made it so easy for me to find my room. The room was lovely with interesting decor and every room is different, the opposite of a motel room. Everything worked and I slept really well. Marion's breakfast were delicious and different every day. My son came to breakfast on my last day which was at Marion's suggestion. Already on my recommendation some other parents form sydeny will be staying there this week. When I left after 5 nights I felt I was leaving some dear friends. I will certainly go back one day. TWD sydney

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family