“Meatloaf Heaven!”

Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Neighbourhood: West University
Neighbourhood: West University
Reviewed 22 December 2016

We found out about this place from locals. They said that you have to go for the meatloaf and they were not wrong. The different varieties of meatloaf were amazing and they were all wonderful. Go hungry, because they serve huge portions. Two of us split a half sandwich. Very casual atmosphere and great beers on tap.

1  Thank Stacy W

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Bumsteads has a large menu that can cater to pretty much any taste. The food is very well prepared & ingredients are fresh. I have tried numerous options here & none disappoint. My favorite has to be the "Bat our of hell", which is a meatloaf sandwich, with bacon, cream cheese, jalapenos & loaf sauce, its amazing!

Cons: they have swamp cooler in this place, so be ready to be hot & bothered in the summer months (order to go).

1  Thank G_Mun_E
Reviewed 28 August 2016

The menu looked impressive with tons of sandwich and burger options. I ordered a burger with a bunch of toppings, and it was huge! The taste was a bit bland, but I got a lot of it, so I guess quantity over quality at this place. They also had a decent beer selection which was nice. However, the service was not good. The waitress first brought me the wrong beer and then when she came back with the right one, she spilled a fair amount of it on the floor and table (but, luckily, not on me). It also took a long time to flag her down to get the check.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Our hosts in Vail, AZ, kept telling us about this great sandwich shop and, given it was just off the U of A campus we were expecting not much more than a college sports dive; WOW were we surprised!
The sandwiches were so big we were glad we followed our hosts advice and only ordered a half. Best sauerkraut I've ever had. The meatloaf was great. Very good prices. Worth driving off your route to eat at this gem!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

We heard about this place from the locals while exploring 4th Ave. We went in there and it looks like one of your local bars. Then the food came. IT was huge, and it was good.
I will definitely come back.