“Slightly lower end hilton, but service makes up for it”
Review of Hilton Providence

Hilton Providence
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Providence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Barrington, Rhode Island
“Slightly lower end hilton, but service makes up for it”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This is not typical hilton, no lounge, no suites. More of an up scale hampton...
Great team of people from valet, front desk, to restaurant to housekeeping.
We ended staying 2 weeks plus and did not move to an extended stay because they brought us a fridge and microwave.

Parking is a bit pricey, but close to federal hill and providence place mall.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank pvcnco
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Providence. It is great to hear that our service kept you from looking at other hotels in the area. Although we do not have suites in the hotel, we do our best to accommodate all requests for refrigerators and microwaves.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 12 May 2012

While the hotel and room itself was of Hilton quality..Being a frequent guest and Hilton Honors member---I was pretty disappointed with the level of service to the paying guests. While using the gym, I wanted to shower then use the pool but couldnt because there were no less than 28 people (mostly kids) in there having a party (complete with pizza, drinks, chips etc..oh and diaper changing (yes diaper changing AT the pool). When I asked the front desk (Joe) if the pool had been reserved for a special party, he said that an employee's family was using it for a gathering. Seriously!? People kept coming in and out off the street to go to the pool and it was so crowded with kids --it was implausible for any actual paying guest to use the facility. While I understand the pool can get crowded at times by paying guests with children, I found it unacceptable that the party monopolizing the facilty were not paying guests but instead friends and relatives of an employee who had not paid to use the facilities the rest of us did. Even more disconcerting was that Joe (front desk) knew about this and basically condoned it by allowing it to occur. I will be writing to Hilton and the GM, Doug Koenig..and obviously will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Before checking in..ask if any employees are hosting a pool party at the guests expense!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank dave k
NYC
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a total of 10 nights over the last 3years - most recently last weekend. Basically, it's a vanilla downtown Hilton with all of the perks and amenities that you'd expect including a good indoor pool, a full gym and a Starbucks. But, what sets them apart is that every time I've stayed, the service has exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: High and away from elevators.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rubyeveryday
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Providence. We strive for excellence in service, and are pelased to hear we have met that expectation throughout each of your stays with us.

Thanks again, look forward to hosting you again soon.
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed for one night to attend a cheering competition. The proximity to the Convention Center is great--a two minute walk, at most. The hotel was clean and my girls enjoyed the pool. The men at the parking desk were pleasant and the women at the front desk wished my girls good luck several times. Our room was very nice and the price was much better than the other hotels around. Here's what I will never forget, though. One of our daughters realized halfway home that she forget her blankie. I called the front desk and they had someone check the room---no blankie. We looked through all of our stuff when we got home--still no blankie. I called again and they looked again--still no blankie. At that point, although I figured it was gone, I decided I would drive all the way back and look for myself. I called back one more time to tell them I was coming. I spoke with Evan, the front desk manager. As a dad himself, he said he totally understood and said he would go check the room himself and then would go check the laundry room in case it ended up there. He called back in about 10 minutes and that's where it was. I can not thank Evan enough for going that extra step. My daughter is so appreciative!! We'll be back next year when the new competition season starts again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JenTurieo
Thank you for your kind words. I am sure your daughter was thrilled that Evan was able to locate her blanket. We look forward to hosting you and your daughters during the next Cheerleading competition.

Thanks again,
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed last week and this is a nice hotel. Door man greeted us as we arrived, room was clean and updated. I walked behind hotel and convention center (5 minute walk) to the Mall which was Huge! There is a IMAX and movie theater which I saw a movie and visited the food court. Walked back to hotel and was once again greeted by the door man. Quiet and comfortable and bed was divine. Look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hilton Providence. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting you again soon!