“bang for the buck !!!”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Boston, Massachusetts
“bang for the buck !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I went to this hotel for the first time and I fell in love, Honestly I felt as if I was home away from home.It was super clean and everything that you need was there.The suite is where I stayed in room 3C was clean and awesome.I would recommend this hotel to everyone and the staff was warm and friendly,I felt like the staff was family and I visiting and they had pride in showing off their city and hotel. As you know I"ve stayed another hotel twice in that area but this one tops it and you get what your money is paying for.I will return.The room had bedroom with Queen bed and a kitchen if you need to cook.also a let out bed from the couch and 2 televisons in each area. Amazing restaurants that they give you 20% off.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alex D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

After a recent stay at dolce villa I wanted to take minute and express my PLEASURE with the property. I have worked in the service industry and understand how difficult it is to work with unpleasant people and I must say, after coming to this site and reading some questionable reviews others have the audacity to leave I wanted to make it clear what a truly wonderful property I encountered on my trip. I was there with my daughter on a Groupon for a night away from the boys and dogs at home. Yes, the arrival experience is a bit confusing, luckily though I had the common sense to call the hotel, before letting my ignorance of the area ruin my life. Once I was told where to park I walked in the the lobby and was greeted by a VERY kind gentleman who offered maps and restaurant recommendations. My room, very spacious – My view. Left a lot to be desired, Why is that? Because the hotel is situated in a plaza, surrounded by restaurants, caffe’s and specialty markets – I didn’t go there expecting an ocean view, so when I didn’t get one, again, It didn’t ruin my life. My bed – Okay, I personally don’t like memory foam, It was still a quality nights sleep. I loved the quaint feel of this hotel and would recommend it in a minute to anyone who is looking for lovely hospitality and a place away from the norm

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandy R
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

March 10, 2012
Dear Groupon, Hotel Dolce Villa and fellow consumers,
This letter is in regards to my husband and I’s recent and first experience with Groupons and the Hotel Dolce Villas (63 De Pasquale Avenue Providence, RI 02903) on 3/3-4/12. My husband and I, whom are expecting our second child this coming May, were so excite when we located a 50% off coupon for staying in a villa in historic Providence, RI. We and another couple planned the trip for several weeks, and had great anticipation of a night away from children and at a “luxury villa.” To say that we were disappointed would be an understatement. Here are the list of concerns and issues with our stay.
• When we arrived at the hotel, we were informed that we needed to pay an additional $20 each for overnight parking, or risk being ticketed/towed. The front desk staff gave minimal information regarding where our cars would be valeted to, saying only “it’s somewhere on _________ street.” Not being a local, I had no clue what the name given was or where it was.
• When asked what attractions we could look into the next morning. The front desk staff was very unhelpful saying, “just walk around, you will find something.” This was not something we looked forward to doing in the cold rainy morning.
• Our accommodations were a very cold and uninviting room with tiled flooring and white dingy (and sometimes broken) furniture. Please see attached pictures.
• Our bed was two pieces of foam (and I do not mean memory form) on a hard platform bed. I expressed to my husband that I slept better on the deflating air mattress we had during a camping trip we took when I was 8 months pregnant with our first child. Please see attached pictures.
• Our view was that of dumpsters and an alley way, and the “welcoming area/front desk area” smelled of mildew and possible rodents with an attempt by the hotel staff to cover the smell with various incenses.
• I was so looking forward to the tub with jets; however, while I was soaking in the water, I notice the bubbles becoming brown on the edges. Using the wash cloth I wiped the side of the tub and realized all around the bath tub was a brown scum, which I then had to clean and restart my bath.
We have stayed at cheap bottom of line hotels with better accommodations. This was not at $200/night hotel, much less a villa, to say the least. Please inform your consumers in the future. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
Rachel
1. Picture of form matress
2. Picture of “5 star view”
3. Picture of chipped table
4. Picture of the worn couch.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Rachel B
DolceVilla1, General Manager at Hotel Dolce Villa, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns with the hotel after you left. Everyone here takes them to heart and wishes you would have had a more enjoyable experience. Please contact me at Bill@Dolcevillari.com so we can further discuss this matter.

Travellers are raving about these Providence hotels

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Hotel Dolce Villa is a great hotel because of its location and comfortable rooms. The rooms were very spacious, clean and had a full kitchen, which was very convenient. I enjoyed being able to walk over to all the local restaurants and not to mention how the hotel gives discount coupons to a few restaurants. Besides the great location, large rooms the front desk service was great. I was greeted by the general manager who helped me get situated and answered all my questions. The outstanding service made this trip hassle free. I will be making a trip back to Hotel Dolce Villa soon because the pricing is such a bargain!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melinda W
Fountain Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

It's hard to give this hotel only three stars because is such a bargain. The hotel and the rooms are clean and well kept, the price is a definite bargain, and the location is wonderful. But, it's not a luxury hotel, the rooms are plain and even a bit sterile, and we had a few things that didn't work and didn't get repairs (all minor).

Because of our diet (my wife is vegan and gluten free), we often look for hotels or inns with kitchens, and that's what brought us the the Hotel Dolce Villa. It's a small hotel right off of Atwells in Providence and a short distance from Brown. Although parking is limited, we didn't have any problems with the street parking when we needed it, and they handled the valet parking perfectly.

The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and we were happy with the hotel. But, it isn't a luxury hotel, with limited amenities (no pool, no fitness center, tiny televisions). If you need a clean hotel with a kitchen, in a good location, you can't go wrong here

We had a couple of very minor issues - the hair dryer didn't work, and we asked to have it replaced, but it never was. One lamp was also out and we asked to have the bulb replaced, but that didn't get done either. And, although we're not really television watchers, the televisions were very small and the one in the bedroom didn't work (probably the remote, but it wasn't important, so I didn't report it)

The room has tile floors and bare walls so there is an echo in the room. The room environment seems just a bit on the sterile side - not really comfy, but then not something to complain about either. I guess the rooms feel a bit institutional rather than like a comfy place to relax.

If we find ourselves in Providence again, we'll probably stay here again. It's really a great bargain, the rooms are clean, the kitchen is fully equipped - it's a good hotel at a great price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business