“Let me explain”

Ranked #51 of 916 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This was my 2nd time at El Rancho Grande. I wasn't planning on this visit and had forgotten the name until my GPS brought me to it's door. The food is very good but, there are only 10 tables and when we arrived at 5:30 they were packed. There is no were to sit and wait so you are standing at front door crammed in. It was cold so every time the door opened you got a blast of cold air. We waited 15 mins. My husband had the snapper which he loved. I had Verde suizas My daughter had ordered 2 beef tacos and they brought 1 beef,1 chicken. The chicken was dry she said but she loved the beans and rice. We were told they are opening another restaurant. If they do I hope the layout is better. I probably would not go back at least not in the winter. Hard to enjoy your meal with a blast of cold air hitting you every time the door opens.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank handdoto

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Once in a while I try something new, or I taste other people's food, but I have my favorite at El Rancho Grande: pescado a la Veracruzana. I could eat this fish with capers and olives, with sweet platanos on the side, every day, I swear. Last time I shared a new dish I was quite pleased: a tamale called Oaxaquenos. I would for sure order that again. The enchiladas are also always good.

Prepare to wait if you go on a weekend night, but it's well worth it.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We went for a farewell luncheon for a coworker. I got La Torta con polo. So delicious. Can't wait to go back and try the fried quesadilla.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 December 2017

friendly staff with wonderful food! you can also get a mezcal tasting, which is always fun with friends. they have quite a big selection for food. each taco only cost $1.75-$2.50. so far i've only tried a few things but they were all very good. be prepare to wait at least 30 minutes for a table though. it's a small and crowded place but well worth the time.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I love this place! It is very small and there is always a wait but it is worth it. I had the chimichangas with chipotle sauce - the best I’ve ever had. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017