“Awesome!”

Bacaro Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 898 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 75
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Providence
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Went last Saturday with friends, sat on patio. Didn't have to wait for seating at all. The waiter was friendly and said they are a from scratch kitchen and since the kitchen was closing soon, if we wanted to order dessert had to do this first. Love it, dessert first. We ordered a lot of tapas from the check off menu, perfect ,you order by the piece , so we could try everything. We also ordered the Scots ribs and charcuterie of prosciutto and speck, also the grilled octopus. We all ,raved best food ever. Cocktail menu great, delicious martinis. Dessert was worth the preorder, I had the house made coffee ice cream covered with espresso, topped with meringue. Heaven. We'll definitely return.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

As a group of six, we arrived in two groups of three. We advised the wait staff (Dan) that there were additional people coming and they seated us and said that when everybody arrives they would attend to us. When everybody arrived shortly (in time for the 6:30 reservation) we were not approached for drink orders nor provided menus promptly. The entire service was irregular and inconsistent. The food was very good but arrived somewhat haphazardly. Our reservation was on a Thursday not on a weekend. The service was spotty at best bordering on neglect. Given my experience last Thursday, I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I'd been meaning to try this spot for a while and finally got to do so. They have 2 levels of seating along with a bar area. Most people make reservations but there are some open tables if you go there early.

Good selection of wines, got the nebbiolo which was very good. For food, got the sweet corn and tomato salad which was pretty good. Also got the Italian southern board which was Aok overall. The presentation was very well done. Didn't have room for dessert but has to be told beforehand as they freshly prepare it.

Overall good experience, would come back another time. There's parking in the lot and also along the street. Service was good.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Had dinner here with my daughter when I came in to drop her off for University. Situated on the waterfront this was an easy walk from our AirBnB on College Hill. Bacaro serves classic high end Italian food. We started by splitting the grilled stone fruit and prosciutto, an excellent choice. For the main course I had the lemon pasta, it was amazing, wonderfully lemon flavor. My daughter had the mushroom carbonara which was also beautifully done. We managed to save room for the Raspberry Creme Fraiche cake....and were glad we did! The service was very friendly and attentive. I can see how dinner could get quite expensive here if you have several starters and order some of the meat or fish courses since with just the pastas our meal was quite pricey but it was a lovely dining experience so we will be back!

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Bacaro is one of the better rated restaurants in Providence. Though not our favorite place in a city with many excellent restaurants, we've been several times and have never been disappointed. Until tonight. One would think that a Tuesday would be a good night to go out to eat, but not so this evening at Bacaro. While the food was good, though not outstanding, the service was atrocious on all levels. The staff appeared poorly trained or didn't give a ... Our primary waitperson had an attitude. She was curt, with no warmth or friendliness. All quesitons were answered with very short answers as if we were bothering her. "Do you have any specials?" Answer: "no", not "not tonight, but everything on the menu is great." I am not nit picking. When you are spending money at a high end restaurant, it is reasonable to expect a well trained, cordial, friendly staff. Here are other specific things which happened: Had to ask for bread. No additional water until we were ready to leave. Had to ask for pepper with salad. Person came to me first; should have gone to my wife. Appetizer dish not replaced with clean plate when salad arrived. Caesar salad reeked of garlic (and I like garlic); it was overpowering. At end of meal wait person came over, "coffee, cappaccino?" No, "can I get you some coffee or an after dinner drink?" All in all, a very amateur night. We will probably go back for one more shot, but this was a disappointment.