“Business Birthday”
Review of Massimo Restaurant

Massimo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Massimo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 898 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 45
Description: From Joseph + Esther DeQuattro of Pane Vino comes the much anticipated Massimo. Massimo brings the quintessential Italian trattoria to Providence’s Federal Hill Neighborhood. Offering a seasonal Italian menu inspired by the regional cuisines of Italy. Signature dishes include Fettuccine alla Carbonara with guanciale and a farm fresh egg, the Fig & Taleggio Pizza, and the House-Aged Rib-eye “Fiorentina.” Located at the gateway to federal hill, Massimo is classically designed to create a warm and lively setting, featuring dark woods and bright pops of yellow. Massimo’s spacious dining room has giant sliding glass doors that lend an al fresco feel to the entire first floor. Upstairs, the glass-enclosed dining room – including a full bar & lounge – make it the perfect place for occasions of all scopes and sizes, whether it’s a quiet night out with friends and family, a corporate team building event, or a boisterous celebration with seating for up to 100 guests. Massimo has unique Italian wines from small boutique Italian winemakers and a cellar selection from Italy, Spain and California. Our approach to wine is accessibility, quality and variety to encourage unfettered enjoyment. Our bar features beers on tap, cocktails, and a large selection of classic Italian amari, grappa and many other Italian liqueurs.
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Great meal. service from Jonathan. Great atmosphere. Sung to in Italian for Happy Birthday made my day! Bread was amazing.

Jacklyn A, Public Relations Manager at Massimo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Deborah!
Thank you so much for your kind words about our establishment! We will be sure to give Jonathan the credit he deserves. So glad you had a beautiful birthday and chose to celebrate it with us at Massimo!
Cheers!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

One of the four entrees was good. Two were mediocre asked one was cold and even after we sent it back out was only marginal at best. Honestly, I've had better chicken parmesan at a cafeteria. Two of the three desserts we tried were delicious. The ambiance was very nice but a little too loud to have a comfortable conversation.

Hello Brian,
I am sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience when you dined with us recently. We strive to ensure each and every one of our guests leaves both mentally and physically satiated and clearly, we failed to live up to your expectations.
If you would be so kind to contact me so that I may speak to you personally, it would be greatly appreciated.
A copy of your review has been shared with my staff and management team so that they understand what needs to be a regular focus when it comes to both food and service.
 Thank you, Brian I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Jaclyn
Please send along your email so that we can communicate further!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

After last night's fiasco, it was delight to come to this quaint little place in Federal Hill. I didn't want what was on the lunch special so they were very accommodating and substituted pasta with red sauce as I wasn't in the meaty mood. David had eggplant parmesan and said it might be the best he had ever had. The focaccia bread was the best bread I've ever eaten and I don't even like bread. David loved the gelato and will have my cannoli for later. Our waiter was attentive but not over bearing. He was very knowledgeable. A must ho. David said it was as close to real Italian as he has had since he was in Italy. Good job Massimo!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I started going to Massimo when it first opened. Since I was living not far away from Federal Hill in Providence, Massimo became my go-to place: alone at the bar, with local friends, with folks who'd never been to Providence. Can't count the number of times I've been! Never dissapointed. They have a wide variety of pasta dishes including a Carbonara that is the best I've eaten outside of Italy. Seasonal changes in the menu. When in season their stuffed zucchini flowers are crazy good. Burrata is excellent. Meat/Poultry dishes are abundant and outstanding. I'm not much of a fish eater but friends have given their preparation high ratings. Unfortunately I'm not living in Providence, but will be back whenever I can. Manager and wait staff, bar tenders and valet -- all top notch! Just go there!

Jacklyn A, Public Relations Manager at Massimo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hi Jonathan!
Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review. My name is Jaclyn and I'm one of the managers here at Massimo. We are happy to hear you love everything  as much as we do and that the service is up to your standards as well! I hope to see you in again soon. Please ask for myself so that I may get a chance to thank you in person!
Cheers!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

In Providence touring colleges, went here on a hot summer night in August. Outstanding service, our server was gracious and helpful. The food was very good. The seafood pasta was incredible, perhaps the best mussels I have ever had. My daughter's gnocchi was a bit muddled in too much sauce and cheese but that was the only issue we had. Decent wine list, good moderately priced selections. The setting was perhaps my favorite part of the restaurant, open and welcoming, properly lit and not too noisy. Highly recommend.