3,047 results
All reviewsghost tourstephen kingcascades restaurantwhiskey barbeautiful hotelthe main hotelfourth floorghost huntershaunted roomparanormal activityhaunted hotelconcert hallscary marygreat historyfront porchbucket listhotel tour
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Historic hotel that did a great job of updating while maintaining its historic feel. Our room, 230, was a nice size and everything was clean.

So why did they not get five stars? Well, we had reserved both a mini frig and a rollaway bed, both of which we are charged extra for. I had even called a few days ahead to confirm. When we arrived, we had neither in our room. Hum. How did that happen. We had to call for the frig and I had to stop by the desk to make sure we weren't being charged for the nonexistent rollaway.

My only other complaint is that when you do go to the desk in the evening, the desk seems vacant and there is no bell. So the two times I had to go, I had to walk up to an empty desk and say, "ding, ding."

In general, the trip was great. The hotel and setting are stunning. Note that my complaints are minor.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Scriptspring
Reviewed 21 April 2016

My wife and I like to stay here for weekend, we have been for a few years now and always love to stay at the Stanley. It's a wonderful charming old hotel and the bar has the largest selection of whiskey and single malt scotch in Colorado. If you like whiskey, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 20 April 2016

The hotel looks great outside, the views are stunning. Inside it looks great, too BUT the bathroom was freezing...we had to request for a portable heater which they produced rather quickly! Wonder why they don't just leave them in the room! I guess it's a potential hazard so it's provided as needed. Tub drainage not too good!
Almost forgot to add we stayed in Room 215 next to the famous Room 217! Be warned that there are ghost tours frequently stopping by in front of the hallway. Can be annoying when I'm carrying my baby and waiting for the tour to end so we can go inside our room.
Housekeeping were not very considerate about making noises at 8:30am. We heard 3 loud thumps...could there be ghosts this early in the morning? I looked out the door and housekeeping was carrying supplies from upstairs and just dropping it on the floor in front of our room. Their supply room is by the stairs very close to room 215.
We liked how close the hotel is to the RMNP...we found Hidden Valley after the gates closed at the park...meaning we didn't have to pay to get in the park and we got to use our Walmart sled with just another family the 2 days we went there. We had our own little winter paradise!

Room Tip: We saw 2 different families staying at Room 217, both having problems opening their door.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kathleen923
Reviewed 20 April 2016

My husband's 60th birthday was very special with our stay at The Stanley. The room was lovely (the unexpected chocolate strawberries were a very nice touch!). The 5-course meal at the Lodge was outstanding. The bed was a tiny bit soft, but everything else was 5-star all the way. Every staff member was enthusiastic and could not do enough to please.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2016

I'm sure the main draw to the Stanley Hotel in Colorado is its affiliation with the movie classic "The Shining". But the appeal doesn't end there. The views are stunning and the hotel has plenty else to offer. The rooms are beautiful and the staff accommodating. If you just want to relax or if you want to take in a little bit of creepy horror then the Stanley Hotel is just the place. Just book your horror tour early or you will be left out like we were. :-(

Room Tip: Best views are to the front of the hotel that overlook the mountain ranges.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple