3,125 results
All reviews ghost tour stephen king cascades restaurant whiskey bar beautiful hotel the main hotel fourth floor ghost hunters haunted room haunted hotel paranormal activity scary mary concert hall bucket list night tour great history front porch
Reviewed 28 January 2016

The hotel is very nice. The rooms are very clean and great views are available. It's an older hotel but has a very nice charm about it. The food in Cascades was pretty good, excellent breakfast. Outstanding service. I can't say the same for our last visit to the Whiskey Bar. The bartender on duty Wednesday night, the 27th of January, was terrible. We waited at the bar while he was having fun flirting with the waitresses. 4 people were just standing around talking while we waited for someone to help us. Finally we just left. The bartender the day before was excellent but this guy failed big time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the lodge in 2015 and wanted the experience of staying in the main hotel. I wouldn't stay in the main hotel again. The not so good:
Multiple issues with the door lock
Multiple issues with keys not working
Much noisier with people constantly in the halls

The good:
The hotel is beautiful
The staff is welcoming
Attended concert in the concert hall that was the highlight of the trip.

I'd recommend staying in the Lodge. They only allow guests of the Lodge in the building so it's more private. The rooms are more comfortable and quieter. The breakfast is lovely.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

The Stanley Hotel is a rich and lovely place for history buffs. I've been coming here since I was a kiddo but stayed for the first time a few weeks ago. The staff was amazing. The night ghost tour was absolutely worth it. Our room was cozy (2nd floor). I love the fact that the hotel boasts so many historical photos throughout. I only wish that there were small informative plaques by each photo, but we had fun guessing the story behind each one.

Stay at the Stanley if you crave nostalgia. This place has it. You'll also love the bar area and freaking gorgeous scenery. But I really do urge you to take the ghost tour or the History tour. It will totally make your stay so much more interesting and fun.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nalu13
Reviewed 27 January 2016

The old Stanley Hotel is a good hotel, full of history, with a great atmosphere.
We stayed there for 2 nights. The staff was very helpful, smiling and welcoming.
We had a superior king room on the upper floor which was big and comfy. The bed and pillows were very comfy too.
The air conditioning was not functioning, so we were very hot. We were obliged to turn the fan on all night long. I ordered the "Champagne and truffles" option (for the birthday of my husband) and what a big disappointment! We had a bottle of prosecco (sparkling wine NOT champagne) and the truffles were 2 tiny chocolate bonbons :-(
It was just not right...
We tried the restaurant of the hotel (Cascades restaurant: you can see my separate review on it) for one dinner and for breakfast: a great disappointment too.
The location is amazing, and I think that if we come back some day we will not choose to stay again at this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eliselev
Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

Fun, informative, great food, fun people, fantastic service, great rye whiskey, all in a beautiful and comfortable room with a view. It's the experience that makes the difference. The Stanley Hotel is my "go to" getaway.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple