All reviews ridge line conference center nice hotel pool area air hockey pinball machines restaurant latitude loved the game room foos ball large game room brussels sprouts the hotel website holiday inn construction noise large pool outdoor fire enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stayed there Friday night.As there was a festival on in town price had risen to over $300.00 with tax.Room was small..if you expect simple amenities for the traveler...you know ..like a coffee maker,microwave, semi stocked fridge ,iron ironing board, hairdryer,a place to hang clothes ( only had 2 hangers) or a luggage rack to unpack ...
You will not get it here!!!!
THE ROOM...looks very modern...no drawers only shelves...VERY dark lighting..it may be in modern fittings but all you get is a gloomy light.I dropped an earring and had to get a flashlight from my car to find it...and that was in the daytime! Only one chair and a hard and heavy stool curiously placed right in front of the huge tv.
Depressing paint color..and weird “art”on walls.
BATHROOM....tiny..no room to place anything ...only three smallish towels..one hand towel and one face cloth....we ended up having to use some of our own.
RESTAURANT....awful....large open space for bar, eating and games....so noisy that conversation would be impossible...not helped by constant ,overloud music playing.
On entering you are greeted by the smell of grease emanating from the kitchen...the menu is many variations of hamburgers...we looked at the meal delivered to the patrons at the next table and quickly decided to eat else where.Actually we had followed a party of 4into the restaurant and we were followed by a party of 3.We ended up in the Mexican Restaurant across the street..and saw the party of 4 at the next table. We were followed in the door by the party of 3..and we discovered we had all left for the same reasons!!!
(Highly recommend that restaurant..good food, excellent and cheap wine and delightful staff)
SERVICE...very young staff...few people upstairs speak or understand basic English
Desk staff not helpful...We were not told that coffee was available in flask near elevator...but when we found it it was empty..and continued to remain so.
SAFETY....this really troubled us. Apparently only way to our room on the second floor was by ONE elevator.We wondered how to get down in the event of a fire and discovered that there were service stairs at either end of LONG corridors..poorly signed and I sincerely hope that no elderly or handicapped person ever has to evacuate.
MY RECOMMENDATION....stay somewhere else...this was a total waste of $ 300.00!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Bree A, Manager at The Ridgeline Hotel Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello 341Katew,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. We are very sorry for the poor overall experience you had at both the hotel and restaurant. We understand your frustration and we will discuss your comments with our management team so we are able to better focus on areas that need improvement during our second phase of renovations. We will also discuss the lack of service you received from both the restaurant and hotel staff. This type of service is unacceptable and we will use your comments to help our staff focus on areas that need immediate improvement. We hope you were still able to enjoy your time in Estes. Again, we are very sorry for the disappointing stay you had with us, and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

The Ridgeline is a wonderful facility with just a few very minor areas that they can improve on. I stayed 5 nights in August while day-hiking at the National Park. Made reservation months in advance for a king deluxe. There were no glitches with the reservation or check-in. E-mail communication prior to my arrival was excellent with suggestions for things to do in and around Estes Park. The first thing I noticed as I approached my room was that I was right next to an ice machine. However, soundproofing was excellent, I never heard people getting ice while in the room. View from the 4th floor window was spectacular and the window actually opened allowing for fresh air and cool nights. I was alone, but could readily see how family friendly the place is. A large game room with video games, pool table, foos ball, giant jenga and connect 4 and some pinball machines. The swimming pool is large and the hot tub was indeed hot. In the swimming area, family friendly movies are shown on a large screen, (ET and Pete's Dragon while I was there). There is a restaurant on site. I had two dinners and one breakfast while there. Food was good and reasonably priced, but not a great variety to choose from. The tots as a side dish were a highlight. As the sun begins to set, there are three fire pits that come to life and guests are encouraged to make smores and mingle. All staff that I encountered were friendly and consistently wished me a nice stay.
The room was large with all the amenities. In the bathroom there were hand soap and lotion on the sink and shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the shower all in large pump bottles. I found this way more convenient than the miniature bottles most places continue to provide. Bed and pillows (full size) were comfortable and I slept well. There were just a few little things I found bothersome. The room was furnished with a couch and a chair, and neither was very comfortable. There is not enough counter space in the bathroom. I was by myself and there wasn't space for my few toiletries. I don't know how a larger group would manage. Opening the window at night did indeed let the cool mountain air in, but they play music on the outside speakers all night. I found that if I turned on the fan only function on the temperature control unit, it provided enough white noise to drown it out. Again, a great facility and I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I would avoid the pet friendly area.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Bree A, Manager at The Ridgeline Hotel Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hello Foxjce,

Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us. It makes us very happy to read all the great things you had to share about your experience with us. We love knowing that you enjoyed all the extra amenities we have, but do apologize for the issues that made your stay less than perfect. We have made note of your comments regarding the music and lack of counter space, and we will be sure to discuss them with our staff so we can make valuable improvements. We hope you had an overall fantastic time in Estes, and we hope to see you again in the future! Safe travels!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Everything went very well over a short 2 night stay with my girlfriend. Room was comfy and hotel put coffee out in the morning. Free game room and nice bar/restaurant to relax inside. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018

Hello Dutch444,

Thank you for sharing this great review with us, we truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed your visit, and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

It was a short stay, but Enough to appreciate the flavour of the area. Good restaurant, with Lots of beers And different kinds of burgers. The best of all, the views of the Mountains of Estes Park, Colorado.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Bree A, Manager at The Ridgeline Hotel Estes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Hi Ferreropressnews,

Thank you for sharing this review with us, we truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable time in the area, and we hope our hotel provided you with a comfortable base camp. We wish you safe travels and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This former Holiday Inn has had a recent renovation- it now has a stunning lobby complete with swing chairs , Midcentury modern lighting, cool indie music and 24 hour pour over coffee. I selected the hotel for its large indoor pool and hot tub- they even play movies on a large screen tv by the pool. This hotel also has fire pits in the evening and a game room for kids and teens as well as a conference center and bikes to rent. The restaurant looked interesting too- didn't get a chance to eat there.

The rooms we stayed in were less impressive- nice comfy beds and linens, plenty of plugs and fast internet- but old fashioned bathroom, non working heater, and a walk with luggage through multiple half stairways - which was quite a pain after returning from a 3 day backpack. We used the front desk to move the bags on the way out, which was a great improvement.

Room Tip: The rooms nearer the lobby may have been more recently renovated
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Hello TamarG_12,

Thank you for sharing this great review with us, we truly appreciate it. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the renovations we have made to the hotel. We apologize that your room did not meet expectations and we will work hard to finish renovating the rest of the hotel so we are able to meet guest standards. We wish you safe travels and we hope to see you again in the future.