Discovery Lodge
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 127
Silver Moon Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 170
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
Hotels.com
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 126
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 159
US$ 150
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 253
US$ 208
Groupon.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 87
Hotels.com
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
1,037 results
All reviewsfishing pondhot tubvisitor's centerwithin walking distanceclose to downtowngreat view of the mountainsmini fridgegreat place to stayqueen roomclean roomsherd of elkwould definitely stay here againrocky mountainstanley hoteloff seasonshort drivenational park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Husband and I stayed at the Discovery Lodge during spring break 2018. The lodge was quiet and relaxing. We have stayed in several rooms at this location but love the king balcony room that overlooks the pond and golf course is our favorite. We enjoy the hot tub spa with a nice view of the mountains. The lodge is in walking distance to downtown. The staff is very accommodating and they have always taken good care of us. We have stayed here multiple times over the past 5 years and plan to book early for our next visit.

Room Tip: Balcony view of pond and golf course. Easy access parking right out front of room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
Coyote_Mountain, Manager at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Good evening,

We appreciate you taking the time out to provide feedback of your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear our property was accommodating to you and your husband. We hope to see you again sometime in the future!

Our best wishes,

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Had yet another very pleasant stay at Discovery Lodge. The room we were booked for was getting a small repair. Rather than have us wait for that room, we were upgraded to a suite 104 (very nice and clean). David and Jennifer went beyond being helpful, without me saying a thing. Each visit has been very nice (10 and counting). Rooms are clean (gracias Araceli y sus companeros de trabajo). Highly recommend this motel to all visiting Estes Park.

Room Tip: Rooms 312 and 301 have wood-burning fireplaces and excellent views
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jflander
Coyote_Mountain, Manager at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with feedback of your recent stay. I am extremely pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience at Discovery Lodge during your vacation. I will most certainly pass your compliments on and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Our best regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Positive: The views both east and west were awesome! The heater (important in February) was very responsive and unusually quiet for a motel room. The smell of the room when we first entered was very mild and pleasant. The beds were a bit too firm for us, but not bad otherwise. We liked the deeper tub for a hot soak. We didn't try the outdoor hot tub, dreading the cold outisde. When the ground is less icy, this place would be ideal for walking to the downtown area or the lake trail. And I loved the small upper parking area (4 spots) that meant I didn't have to climb stairs to get to my room.

Negative:I really wish the room had a microwave, even a tiny, weak one. No hair dryer either. But I knew these were absent and I got a great rate--that's all square.

In a busier season, you might not get a parking spot at the top and then have to climb stairs with your gear.

But the one thing that bothered me was that the room to which I was first assigned had a "sliding" glass patio door as its only entrance. The door glide mechanism was so worn it didn't slide. I am a small senior, and it took all I had to close (drag) the door. I went to the office to complain. The man at the desk told me he had noted the problem that very morning in his inspection. He moved me to a good room nearby. But there were so many vacant rooms, why oh why did they go ahead and give me the problem room to start with? Did the man and woman fail to communicate this relevant information to each other all day? It was a mild nuisance to have to move my stuff.

Room Tip: When you first go to your room, check the sliding door for ease of use. The view was great from 510--Sunset and Sunrise over the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Coyote_Mountain, Manager at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the location and views from our property. I do apologize about there not being a microwave in the room but we are making renovations to our property so this should not be a problem should you choose to return. I assure you we did not give you a "problem" room on purpose and we did our best to accommodate you by switching rooms.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed two nights in room #203. It had a comfy queen sized bed, all rooms come with small fridge, satellite on the TV. Clean and cozy with a cabin-esque feel to it. Nice staff as well. Short walk away from a Safeway with a Starbucks in it. A Subway and a McDonald’s close by as well as a couple of cafés.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Coyote_Mountain, Manager at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for providing us with a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed room 203 as well as the location. We hope to see you again in the future.

Our best wishes,

Reviewed 17 February 2018

This motel is very clean, views are very good and it's reasonably price. It's also centrally located, but off the busy main drag, which was a plus. There is a golf course next door, which lends itself to some nice walks if no golfers are out. The elk came down from the mountains as well, so the was a bonus. About 40-50 grazed on the course and didn't seem to care about people. Rumor has it not to trust them, but we always kept distance anyway. Fun to see them. Downtown dwellers won't get to see that !

The hotel has separate entries, which is nice, so you can drive right to your door.
Shower was clean
Bathroom was clean
Fridge was clean
Beds and linen were clean.
Decks on upper level were nice for getting outside.

If you want a clean room, and a nice, affordably priced place for sleep and a base camp, this is it. If you want to pay the big bucks and all that goes with that (pool,chocolates on your pillow, food service, this isn't that).

Room Tip: Upper lever for the views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dobbible

Good afternoon,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay at Discovery Lodge. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience and that you were able to see many elk located right next to our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Best regards,