1,089 results
All reviews fishing pond hot tub within walking distance visitor's center close to downtown great view of the mountains great place to stay queen room mini fridge clean rooms herd of elk staff was very friendly and helpful would definitely stay here again easy access rocky mountain stanley hotel short drive
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

The outside may look a little dated but the rooms have been updated and are clean. The pond and gazebo give the property a nice feel. The only negative I would say about Discovery Lodge is my mattress was extra firm. It was like sleeping on the ground, very uncomfortable. My kids were in the other bed and it was not as firm, they slept well, I didn't.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank David G
Coyote_Mountain, Manager at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Good afternoon,

We appreciate you taking the time out to submit a review of Discovery Lodge. I am glad the pond and gazebo on property was to your liking. I do sincerely apologize about the firmness of your bed and will take a note as we are always looking for ways to improve. We hope this did not ruin your experience as we hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Overall I would say our stay was fine. The room was clean and comfy, they allowed pets and the location was great. The only think that will probably prevent us from coming back is the paper thin walls! Saturday morning we were woken up by the people next to us that were getting ready at 6:30am. Then this morning, Sunday, we were woken up by the people on the other side of us, not only at 12:30am when they came in after drinking (no problem with that at all, just woke us up) then at 6am when they were up doing something, not sure what. We heard everything though! Fine place if you’re just stopping through but wouldn’t recommend for a little couples getaway.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback of your recent stay here at Discovery Lodge. I do apologize for the guest on both sides of you as we would like for your stay to be as comfortable and uninterrupted as possible. We hope that this will not discourage you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Very clean and the rooms are unique. For the price you really can't beat this! We reserved a king room with a balcony and the view is great. There's a mini fridge and tv. Bathroom is standard and clean (I always check!). The lounge is homey with board games and hot drinks. Even though they allow pets there's not a hair to be seen!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to submit a review of Discovery Lodge. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

if you want the Elk- THIS IS THE PLACE!! the room was very clean and very comfortable. zero complaints there- only issue i had was - my room was under the front office, AND THEY ARE HEAVY WALKERS lol. however, it did not carry on into the night. was over and done with before 2100.

always a nice stay, beautiful scenery and very homey.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Good afternoon,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback of Discovery Lodge. This is a very good location to see the elk during rut as they love to hang out on the golf course just on the other side of the fence of our pond. We do apologize as the 100 rooms are underneath the office and I know this may be a problem as guest are coming in and out throughout the day. I hope that has not effected your stay with us as we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Great little hotel, without all the fuss and amenities of a chain one, but clean and comfortable for our needs. Went for a 2 night stay with a friend and we got the 2 queen bed room. Plenty of space and comfortable. Yes, the internet went in and out, but that's not a high priority for me. There to be outside and enjoy the beauty and scenery. Close to town, walking distance. I would stay there again. And would recommend it. If you need all the amenities a chain hotel or more expensive hotel would offer this is not the place for you. Thanks for a lovely stay! The views of the Rockies were tremendous!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Good afternoon,

I am very please to hear you had a lovely stay here at Discovery Lodge. I do apologize for the spotty internet as we are switching internet providers very soon so this shouldn't be an issue if you choose to return. We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future.