1,097 results
All reviews otis house fishing pond hot tub visitor's center within walking distance close to downtown great view of the mountains mini fridge great place to stay queen room clean rooms one night stay herd of elk picnic tables grocery store staff was very friendly and helpful lake estes
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The discovery lodge is amazing! Great prices and the rooms are really nice! The staff is BEYOND nice! They were very helpful and I definitely felt welcomed. Plus, they have a cute little dog named Teddy, which is always fun to play with. Its very family friendly (books, games, and other family friendly activities are in the lobby that you can check out to take to your room). I would definitely recommend this lodge if you are visiting estes park! Im definitely going back!

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Discovery_Staff, Owner at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

I happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Discovery Lodge, I am so glad to hear our staff is so welcoming.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Having three kids makes finding accomodations challenging, and we were SUPER impressed with Discovery Lodge's room options. The rooms are updated, clean and well equipped. They truly are one of the best values in Estes Park, and the location is perfect for in town shopping and admission to the National Park. The management goes above and beyond to meet personal needs. Having a child with chronic illness makes planning vacations challenging at times, but Discovery Lodge has been very accomodating with the provision of refrigerators for medications. We are looking forward to renting part of the Otis House to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday in May, and know we will choose Discovery Lodge for many of our future getaways.

Room tip: Requesting a suite, duplex or cabin provides the best value for $
Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Discovery_Staff, Manager at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We do understand that all families are different and have different needs. I am so happy to hear that we were able to meet all of your needs, as well as your child. I also hope that your stay over the summer went just as swell. We look forward to seeing you all again. Thanks again and take care!
-Rebecca S

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I came up to Estes with my kids and was really surprised by the great rate at the Discovery. I think we only paid $49 which was a lot less than the other motels in the area. There was a playground, a fishing pond and lost of grass to run around on. The motel was also really close to town and Safeway which was great since we had a microwave and fridge in the room for snacks. Our room was really cute with new log furniture, it seemed like the whole room was new. We'll definitely come back. The staff was also really friendly, they got out games for the kids to play with in the lobby.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Discovery_Staff, Owner at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you - we have been working at achieving this. We also have a luxury log cabin and our Otis vacation home that we keep competitively priced. Our winter rates end May 14th, but are summer rates are competitively priced also.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

This is my second time staying at DL and I'm hooked. The rooms are clean, and there is great ambiance. I stayed in room 301, with the fireplace, and it definitely made the weekend for my gf's birthday. We will definitely be back!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Discovery_Staff, Owner at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

On your next visit try room 312, it has a wood burning fireplace, an on the wall LCD TV and the balcony to provide awesome views of the mountains.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at the Discovery Lodge on 1/28/12. The people were friendly, the room was clean and quiet. For the price, it is hard to beat.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Discovery_Staff, Owner at Discovery Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and met your needs. We are constantly improving our rooms so come back and see us again.