“Nice location for Rocky Mountain Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Columbine Inn

Columbine Inn
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Wilmington, NC
“Nice location for Rocky Mountain Park”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I drove 8,500 miles this summer visiting national parks, and stayed in a wide variety of properties. This was wonderfully convenient to the park and my expectations were met.

My room was clean, my double bed was comfortable, the bathroom was good, and the TV worked. The little miniature schanuzer was a plus - my own pet is the same breed.

I was referred to a good restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank SandraWilmington_NC
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
bay area, ca
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We chose this place for the memorial weekend since all other lodges were exorbintantly priced.

The rooms were decently sized , had a small tv(very few channels) and had a bathroom, a patio. We usually choose rooms as a place to park ourselves for the night and are out most of the day . This definitely served that purpose. The person who owns this was also helpful whenever we wanted suggestions for places to eat or to go to rental stores to check out equipment. Ask and you shall receive info!

Only thing that was disappointing was the breakfast- or the lack of it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelvi
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Friends selected this hotel from its web site and modest (for Estes Park) price. It's an old facility. Our room was clean but small and plain, with minimal furnishing: queen-size bed, two chairs, a small end table. Baseboard heater (that we used), small air conditioner (that we did not need), small refrigerator. No desk for my computer; I ended up balancing it on the end table. Wi-fi requires a user name and password but I could not log on and the owner had no explanation. However, I was able to log on to Comfort Inn's wi-fi which worked just fine. Breakfast in the lobby was minimal, mostly carbs: packaged muffins and sweet rolls; coffee, tea, milk, oj but no water; frosted flakes and Cheerios. There's a microwave, I guess to heat the rolls. Styrofoam bowls but no plates; plastic spoons but no knives. That's it. We brought our own raisin bran. If you want a hot breakfast you might pop down to the nearby Safeway and pick up something you can microwave. I had one big concern: it appeared to me, though I had no way to verify it, that the wall surfacing is some type of light-weight fiberboard, rather than gypsum board. If so, that might pose a fire hazard unless the panels have been treated to be non-combustible. (The bath walls appear to be gypsum board.) If you're on a tight budget, you get a room for a low (again, that's relative to Estes) price with amenities to match. Next time I will probably pay a bit more for a better facility.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank WeirdHarold

Travellers are raving about these Estes Park hotels

Covina, California
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We were very comfortable here for two nights while we visited Rocky Mountain National Park, tho the room was small we found it delightful, had homey touches, not motel type towels but kind you would use at home. Refrigerator was adequate, we enjoyed the small patio out back where we could sit and have a cool drink. The cleanliness was A+ - the mattresses could be updated, and a few more options added at the Continental breakfast, tho the view from the breakfast room lobby was incredible and we enjoyed our stay here. The owner, John, was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MARIONNORM
San Jose, California
Reviewed 20 September 2010

This hotel was so bad it makes me not want to visit Estes Park ever again. The rooms are small, the manager is crabby, and the "continental breakfast" consists of cinnamon rolls from a vending machine. As well, the cleaning service consists of the crabby manager and an older gentleman who really deserves to be taking it easy in retirement. I actually felt very sorry for both of them. I realize the economy is poor and that times may be tough, but they really need to be much more friendly to their guests, rather than just trying to make a quick buck off the tourists. The price of the rooms is too high for what you get... I would strongly recommend staying at a nationwide chain instead of this place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family