“AMAZING place! Would recommend this place to anyone!”
Review of Skyline Cottages

Skyline Cottages
CO
“AMAZING place! Would recommend this place to anyone!”
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Skyline is a quaint, very well-maintained, immaculate set of cottages along the river in Estes Park, CO. The cottages are pricture-perfect. Excellent mattresses for those with bad backs. Clean site so that our young child could play safely. Would recommend Skyline Cottages, their Owner and staff to anyone. Book in advance as they fill up and are not open year round.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank EstesCo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2009

My daughter and I had a great time, just like staying in a cabin anywhere. Nothing fancy, but nice beds, great views and comfortable surroundings. We found the cabin and the outdoor area clean and well kept. I would recommend the cabins, if you don't need a five star. It is a great place to hang your hat at night.

• Stayed September 2009
Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 September 2009

I read the reviews after I booked the cabin and was a little nervous. I was very pleasantly surprised and wondered where the other people were staying that hated it so much. We stayed in Cabin #2. It was very clean. The bathroom was huge and clean. The spa was in a seperate area off the bathroom also very clean. Sue, the manager was very welcoming and could not have been a better host.

The grounds were very clean with lots of flowers everywhere and the views were spectacular. I was able to look at #5 while I was there, it was also very clean and nice with a beautiful balcony.

The only thing I can figure out about the other reviews is that some people are not ever going to be happy with anything. This is a cabin, it is not a luxery hotel. It was a wonderful vacation and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 23 August 2009

God, I wish I had seen this website before I was defrauded out of $405 ! Skyline Cottages has photos of their rooms and outdoor areas on their website that are at least 30 years old, and there is now virtually NO UPKEEP performed on the property, inside or out!

The owner DEMANDED FULL PAYMENT for the 3 nights we reserved BEFORE she showed us the room! We soon found out why……it was DISGUSTINGLY SEEDY and FILTHY! We asked for a different room, which turned out to be not much better, but my elderly Mother & I were exhausted from driving 5 hours, so we felt we could not set out to look for other accommodations that late in the day!

But after a night of very little sleep, we left the next morning, and the owner, Sue Lamb, refused to refund any of our money!

We later talked to 2 other resort owners in Estes Park, both of whom were aware that Ms. Lamb frequently defrauds her guests, some of whom came to them in tears, after a sickening experience trying to sleep in these awful, dilapidated rooms! They also were forced to pay before seeing their room’s condition. It’s apparent that this is the modus operandi for this establishment.

I feel the Estes Park business community should have better oversight of resorts that appear on their website. I know I will NEVER set foot in that town again, and I imagine the other people who were ripped off by this seedy motel owner feel the same way!

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank Colorado_Sailor36

Travellers are raving about these Estes Park hotels

Detroit
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We stayed for six nights in a quaint, clean cottage with all the amenities. Our host Sue was so hospitable and sweet.! By far the best thing this wonderful little resort has going for it is the fantastic location and fabulous scenery. The sounds and sights of a running Rocky Mountain river with towering peaks in the background and lush forest all around were breathtaking. We saw a doe grazing and two fawns frolicking early one morning while having coffee on the big wooden deck. And there were birds galore! Especially hummingbirds and white-throated swallows. Amazing. The resort is also literally just two minutes from the entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park. We had a fabulous vacation in Colorado and it was all because we chose Skyline as our "base camp." It is a jewel among jewels....

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple