All reviewsthe big thompson riverfire pitthe sleep number bedthe private hot tubcottage roomthe riverdancing beartwinkle lightsgreat fishingpicnic lunchother guestsevery morningbed and breakfaststayed here for two nightswe've stayedrocky mountainnational park
Reviewed 22 August 2016

This was our second year to spend a few days at Dripping Springs Resort. Last year we stayed in the cute Willow Cabin and loved it. This year we decided to go back and reserved The Alamo Cabin. Both were awesome--Willow had a quiet charm while Alamo was on the river next to a huge slab of rock. Let me say that the staff is the best!! They are like family and the breakfast is awesome. Can't wait to be able to stay there again.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

This is a wonderful place!! My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights in one of the cabins. If we had known what a great location it was, how relaxed we were going to be, and how at home we were going to feel...we would have stayed the whole 4 days we were in Colorado.

Our room was amazing! Comfy, cozy, with all the right amenities. The hot tub on the back deck was the best! So nice to come back from a day out and about to relax and soak it all in. My only issue was I didn't feel it was as private as it could have been, only because there was a gazebo not far from our deck and the curtains didn't really cover where we were completely. Other than that, the view of the river was so nice and it really was wonderful to sit out on the deck with a cup of coffee in the morning.

Breakfast was a wonderful, family affair. It was served at one big table where all the travelers sat around and got to know each other, share stories and offer suggestions of where to go and what to do. Everyone was down to earth and made you feel very comfortable. John is a great storyteller and loves to help and share his knowledge of the area.

The other aspect of this property I liked was it was off the main road just enough you never even knew it was there. Yet, it was only a 5 minute ride into Estes. I saw one of the other places I had considered and it was right on the road. Not what I wanted, so glad I chose Dripping Springs.

I definitely can't wait to take a trip back to Colorado just so I can stay here again :)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
tejanajuana, Owner at Dripping Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Whoo, hoo, we love you too!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

This is about our 6th time coming to Estes park, and we've stayed at dripping springs every year we've came. It's an amazing location whether you're sitting by the river, or hanging out in the hot tub. The cabins are rustic and give a real forest feel. It's always a great time and a lot of fun to visit. The staff are very nice and personable.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt G

Return guests are the best testimony to our hard work that we can ever have. We hope we have earned your trust and your business for many more stays!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

My fiance and I stayed here for our hiking trip to the national park recently. We were in the Wind River cabin. These cabins are away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Estes Park, which can get quite congested. We were just a short drive from being downtown and to the park entrances, though. The setting here is nice--the river, hammocks, and deck areas with fire pits. This would definitely be a great place to take a small group of people to socialize. There was also a communal cooking area with a grill and microwave. The cabin itself was very cute and had a unique flair, though it seemed a bit crowded inside and the shower was pretty small to move around in. My fiance and I are small people but we both remarked that the bathroom especially might be uncomfortable for larger people. Otherwise, the hot tub and chairs on the back deck were another nice touch. Breakfast is served at 8:30 each day. We found this to be late for us as we wanted to get into the park earlier, but it might be good for those moving at a more leisurely pace. It wasn't the best breakfast we've had at a B&B, but everyone else seemed to like it and it was varied. Overall a good location and great value for all that is included!

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Bordered on two sides by Gold Medal fishing. Quaint and secluded away from the crowds in Estes Park, but close enough to the heart for shopping, dining and Rocky Mountain National Park. Very clean and quiet. Super friendly and helpful owners and staff.

The resort is a mix of B&B and private units with cooking facilities. All have hot tubs. Most cabins are river front and each are unique unto themselves.

I stayed in a private B&B unit with queen sized bed, air conditioner, heater, flat screen, small refrigerator, hair dryer, iron, wifi and......a private two person hot tub!!!

Oliver & Jaynee have owned this property for over 25 years. It's a testament to their creativeness, ingenuity and vision. I'd call the decor - eclectic mountain shabby chic.

Breakfast this morning included scrambled eggs, oatmeal, potato pancakes, sausage, orange juice, coffee, wheat buns and a wonderful fruit compote.

Jaynee officiates non denominational weddings, right on the river bank.

The resort is nestled in the Big Thompson River Canyon and that river runs on two sides of the resort.

Stayed: August 2016