“Best place ever on the Big Thompson”

Loveland Heights Cottages
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

5 stars out of five. If its luxury your looking for its not here. HOWEVER if your looking for the most tranquil place youll ever find......you will find it here. Very very reasonable. Ownership just like family. One of the most peaceful nots rest ive ever had. Fully equipped kitchens. Everything you need for a fantastic week experience directly on the river. I would reccomend it to all. I just wished we had booked our honeymoon there and not in grand lakes. We will be back 5 0ut of 5 stars

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
What a wonderful review. It is always nice to get a pat on the shoulder and know you are doing a good job. Thanks for the pat, I appreciate it so much.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped by to see the property. We love trying new places. And we're met by a very unhappy human being that greets people with you can't be here go away. First impressions are everything. Not the kind of place I want to stay. Bad vibe to the place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank DenverGuys
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

My Goodness this is an interesting review.
Number 1, why did you take a picture of a septic vault that belongs to the property that you were staying at? All of our sewer lines and tanks are under ground. Look at all the pictures taken of Loveland Heights by our guests and you will not see one septic vault.
Number 2, You pulled in here and blocked two parking places that are reserved for my guests, cabins one and two. You got out of the car and immediately unloaded two large dogs. Because many of out guests have pet allergies, we have always been a pet free resort. We do not want large or small dogs relieving themselves on our property.
When the "very unhappy human" told you that you could not stay there ( because you were blocking our guests parking and we do not cater to dogs ), you told him that the place you were staying at told you that you could bring your dogs over here. REALLY?
When the human told you that you could not stay there, you became angry and told him to "HAVE A NICE DAY"
You are right though 1st impressions are everything.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

You can not beat the decks of these cottages hanging over the Big Thompson River. Just far enough out of Estes Park (5 min. drive) to feel removed this place is a great getaway. I could hear the sound of the rushing river through my window at night, what a treat! The cabins are not what I would call rustic however, it's is not the Four Seasons either. They are quaint, homey & comfortable with a throwback vibe. They're not cashing in on the retro craze, this place is real deal - older tourist cottages. We stayed in cabin 2 which had 2 full bedrooms with doors which is not true for all the cottages - some have a more open floor plan. This unit was perfect for our family. It includes a kitchen w/a basic stove, fridge, microwave, plates, pans & some cooking tools - just enough to throw together a few meals - you're not there to cook gourmet meals right? My only complaint - & it's a small one - is that we had no ability to hang any clothes. The closets did not include hangers (maybe people steal them?) & there were no hooks. It was rainy during our visit, but we hiked etc. nonetheless which meant we came home wet a couple times. We had wet jackets & jeans (not to mention towels) but no where to hang them. It made for a bit of a messy environment w/our clothes strewn all about. A set of hooks on the back of every door & a row of hooks right inside the door would be a perfect addition! I should probably mention that the internet is spotty. As long as you're not trying to work it should be fine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thanks for such a nice review. I agree with you about the cottages not being so Rustic as they are homey and comfortable, we strive for that throw back, homey feeling. I would like every child in America to know that wonderful, cozy feeling that most of us knew in the 1950's. When things were basic but happy and care free, when they got outside and ran with their legs instead of their fingers, when they went on vacation and had a river to play in and grass to run on and having a home cooked meal out on the deck of that special cabin that Mom and Dad took them to. Family time, Precious time.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in cabin 11 with a couple girlfriends for the Rocky Mountain Half Marathon. This was a much more comfortable option than all of us being crammed in a hotel room! We were only short drive from town so it didn't take us but a few minutes. Loved that we had a large fridge and microwave. The owners were very nice and friendly. The views from our back patio were spectacular. I loved that we were right on the river. It was nice to put my feet in the water after the long run. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank You for taking the time out of your day to write such a nice review, we really do appreciate it. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My second visit to LHC! My cabin was extremely clean and perfect for my fishing trip. River is literally feet from my back door and the fishing is stellar! SUPER private water! Beverly was friendly and accommodating as always! I can't wait to get back. I have recommended this place again to all of my friends who love great mountain and fishing accommodations.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thank You so much for you nice review, we do pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our cabins. When you have owned them for 36 years they are like a part of the family. See you next time.