“Bring your business elsewhere” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn on Fall River

Inn on Fall River
Ranked #13 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Bring your business elsewhere”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was invited up to spend memorial day weekend with my fiance's family; however, bring up my dog was an issue I was trying to address. My fiance's family had reserved 2 rooms. My fiance was already up there before I drove up and she had confirmed that dogs were allowed. The morning after I arrived, we were all outside (including my dog) getting organized to head up to Rocky Mountain National Park, and the owner comes over and doesn't even say hello, just rudely (almost in a yelling fashion) asks if this is my dog. I said yes he is my dog. Then she began complaining about how she chewed out her neighbor about the issue thinking my dog was his dog. Then she blamed me for ruining her morning. And said it was my fault that I did not register my dog at the front desk. Even though when my fiance asked, no one explained that there was a dog registration, and fee. I was very apologetic and went to pay the fee in the front office immediately. $25 was the fee by the way (not bad). Moving on, due to the pet restrictions in RMNP, I left my dog in our room. He is 5 and well behaved and caused no damage to the room. Upon our return from our hike, we realized that we had been locked out of our room. So I ran up to the front desk to get an extra key, and the owner just looked at me with disgust on her face and remarked in a hostile manner, "I thought we had an understanding!" Perplexed by her comment; I said, "I am sorry, I don't understand?" She then said that my dog was not allowed in that room and that I owed her $100 for a pet cleaning fee. Long story short, it turned into an incredible yelling match and her giving a sob story about how they are a small family owned operation and people like me just try to take advantage of situations like this. Also, she said my entire party "assumed" way too much and that we should have been more in tune to their policies and whatnot...

Basically, the situation could have been handled more professionally, rather than accusing and being rude to one of her clients and backing the customer into a corner to the point where the situation escalated into a confrontation.

My advice, although it is a nice compound, I firmly believe that customer service should be a number one priority in the lodging business, and I would be willing to bet that you will be able to find a comparable place without having to deal with disgruntled, and unprofessional owners.

Again, this was my experience and is solely my opinion, and it is soured by this incident.

I would never go back to the Inn on Fall River....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Eric G
PaulainEP, Manager at Inn on Fall River, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Your review gives me the perfect chance to share our “Pet Policy”!

Most guests who travel with pets realize that you cannot just show up and presume you are guaranteed a pet friendly room/cabin.

We allow pets on property when registered at time of reservation or check in. We only allow pets in certain units and we do charge a one-time, non-refundable fee for your four legged friend to enjoy the Inn on Fall River as well.

Please see our full pet policy that you signed and dated

Mature, well-mannered dogs accustomed to being away from home and accompanied by well-trained owners are welcome.

Dogs and their owners must heed these policies:

Never leave your dog alone in your room/cabin.
Always leash your dog when outside.

When elk, deer, big horn sheep or other wildlife are in the area,
dogs must be inside.
No barking, howling or whining is allowed at any time.

Dogs must take their “exercise” away from the buildings.
Owners must clean up after their dog.

Dogs must bring their own dishes for food and water.
Dogs who like to lie on the furniture must bring their own.

Dogs must be registered at check-in.

My dog is a mature, well-trained, reliable, house-broken companion. I agree to the above policies. I will be financially responsible for any damage done by my dog, or extra cleaning necessary because of my dog.

Signed___________________ Date______________________
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Paragould
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

We spent a rejuvenating eight days at Inn on Fall River. We were greated by smiling, helpful, friendly hostesses. The river flowed at the back of our deck. Elk grazed right at the railing of the deck. Rocky Mountain National Park was two miles away. We traveled in mid-May. The weather was amazingly beautiful with sun-shiny days and snowy days. The beauty of the area is undescribeable! It was like a picturesque postcard! Our room had a king-sized bed; fireplace; kitchenette with mini-frig, microwave, toaster, and sink, and a loveseat. Wood was supplied daily, but more could be purchased if needed. Electric heat was also in the room. We had a WONDERFUL 42nd anniversary trip and will be going back to the same place if at all possible!! Paula and Mark, get ready for us again!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There was no fitness center or swimming pool, but there was a hot tub. Natual activities abound in...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PaulainEP, Manager at Inn on Fall River, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
42nd Anniversary—WOW!!! That’s awesome! We are grateful that you chose the Inn on Fall River for your stay on this special occasion. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with our prospective guests. All rooms have kitchenettes, a wood burning fireplace and a patio or balcony on the Fall River. We will look forward to your return visit!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

Knotty pine wood walls, wall kitchenette, fireplace, patio/balcony. Unit 9 is the end unit across the river with two queen beds and a small living area. Very nice patio with the river about 18 feet away. There is a gas grill on the private patio. We enjoyed sitting on the patio and watching the river.

Room Tip: Units 9 to 13 are in a row and are one story with patios about 15 to 20 feet from the river. Units...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
PaulainEP, Manager at Inn on Fall River, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
We appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our rooms with prospective guests. We have found that our guests love the units with the patios on the river...sitting and watching the river go by. We hope you will come and see us again! And we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

After a long day in the road we arrived here feeling tired & without a reservation. We enquired about rooms & was offered a selection of keys to rooms. We were given a key to a queen room, a king room & a suite on its own behind the main building.
All the rooms were satisfactory & would have suited our needs, however as soon as we saw the suite we knew that was where we were going to stay!
The suite we had was 15a, which is behind the main block, as you enter it you see a large living/dining area with a flat screen tv & large doors to a balcony containing a gas BBQ. To the rear of the dining area is a small kitchen, but it contains all you need to prepare some simple meals. It has a 4 ring hob & oven, fridge/freezer, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, blender. A good selection of pans & utensils, in fact the only thing lacking which we needed was a salad bowl!
The bathroom is small, but adequate. It appeared quite new, shower pressure was good.
The bedroom was large containing a king size & also a double bed, to the rear of the bedroom is a door leading to a
secluded balcony containing your own hot tub. It was amazing to be in the hot tub after a long day watching the stars & relaxing!
All in all the suites decor was a little dated or as I prefer "rustic"! The service was nothing more than extremely friendly & professional. We genuinely enjoyed our stay and wish our plans could have allowed for longer.
We will definitely be returning to here & already planning when this will be!

• Stayed April 2012
PaulainEP, Manager at Inn on Fall River, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
So glad that you found us! I love the fact that you were able to have a nice selection of rooms to choose from.
It is nice to hear that you were able to use all the amenities that the suite had to offer-Sorry about the lack of a salad bowl. I recently went and purchased a new set of bowls for this unit. We do have a "lending kitchen" at the office if you would ever find that you were in need of something that is not available in your unit.
Glad you had a starry night to enjoy the hot tub! It is just as enchanting when there is a snow! We will look forward to your return visit!
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I booked a unit at Inn on Fall River within two weeks of our Estes Park Labor Day trip. Paula was very helpful when I made the reservation and I was very specific the accomodation my wife and I were looking for. She explained that unit #7 recently came open due to a cancellation and it was a top floor room with one bed and a separate sitting area. However, when we arrived at check-in Mark was in the office and gave us a key for unit #3 on the lower level. After taking a peak it was pretty outdated and in the middle of the motel style building. Heard every step from the unit above us which is why we wanted to avoid lower level. This unit had a cramped 2 beds with no sitting area. I went back to Mark and explained there must be an error since this was not the description or unit that we reserved. He rudely told me it was EXACTLY the same as unit #7 despite the three major discrepancies. Found out later that Paula allowed the other couple to extend their stay in #7, yet she would not arrange us to move to an individual cabin for that very reason.

They offered no discount or no apology, which led us to spend four hours on Sunday morning finding a different hotel. A terrible experience that put us in a bad situation. We ended up spending only about $40 per night more for a new modern stand alone cabin, yet the difference in lodging was night and day. If you are expecting a camping trip, these lodge rooms will suffice, but I will never consider these "budget" Inns again with so many better options in the area. Especially with the bait and swith mentality of the owners. The area is a very nice option in Estes Park but while we were looking at other units most seemed more appealing than Inn on Fall River.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ekords
PaulainEP, Manager at Inn on Fall River, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
I am sorry that you were less than pleased with your accommodations at the Inn. While we would have loved to have moved you to a more suitable unit it was just not possible. You arrived on a Saturday and our Inn was booked completely with most guests arriving on Friday of that weekend. While we try to accommodate your request for a specific room/unit it is not always possible. We are a small property and sometimes it is necessary to move a guest to a like room or upgrade at the booked rate to efficiently book our Inn. We did move you to a larger room, #2.

We want all of our guests to be comfortable and we are sorry that your room was not what you had hoped for. We are a unique, older property on Fall River and Mark & I are doing renovations as we can. We are happy that you were able to find more suitable accommodations for your stay in Estes Park and visit to Rocky Mountain National Park.